bittah.com!~ WANTED: T2WC demos

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Tribes / General / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:01 am

WANTED: T2WC demos

At the moment I have the following:

AU vs USW - Woodymyrk - Mojo
AU vs USW - Woodymyrk - Che

AU vs USE - Archipelago - Xargon
AU vs USE - DBF - Xargon
AU vs USE - Dessicator - Xargon
AU vs USE - Pandemonium - Xargon
(+ have the shoutcast of this match)

AU vs Celtic - Boss - Ani
AU vs Celtic - Boss - Soulfire
AU vs Celtic - Damnation - Soulfire

All of the demos in this folder on hobbz server is not T2WC
https://files.nastyhobbit.org/index.php ... FAUvUSA%2F
They're all classic mod demos (can someone shed light on what these demos were for?)
ColonelBlair
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:04 am

The 16 teams created represent nearly the entire gaming world and include representatives from: Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Scotland, Singapore, South Korean, Sweden, Taiwan, United States, and Wales.
not having footage has always bugged me

there are 4 shoutcast audio files:
T2WC_CanavsNZR3_3-16.mp3
T2WC_NZvsMixed_Boss.mp3
T2WC_NZvsMixed_Damn-Mino.mp3
T2WC_USE_vs_AU_03-02-02.mp3
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:21 am

It bugs me that I know I had my another USE v AU Pandemonium demo at some point... it may have been the demo from the shoutcaster even because I vividly remember the moment I was struck by lightning on that map... But nowhere to be found now.
I'll scour tribalwar / t2forums / tribesnext forums / etc... see what pops up.
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:42 pm

I have on my current install

Hawk cap AU vs USW woody

Zagor capping NZ vs some eurofags (7up?) Boss

I have somewhere

OLO HO NZ vs same 7up eurofags Boss (OLO, NV fame, rocked)

Scorpian? Ger vs USE mino

and more USE ones... funny as hell...they get banned for using the plasma turret to spam an entrance and spamming some "nazi shit" lawks

Oh and pandemonium (at least afaik and certainly not after the unamed version) doesn't have lightning, probably god irl. You deserve to be struck by lightning for posting a recalesance video from like 2001 where people thought that spastic map was cool.

Oh and I have Xargon AU vs USE on DBF. And him on some others.
Last edited by |A3| on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|A3|
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

Yahoo Messenger: A3YrOldGirl
[ignore]

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:48 pm

LOL I know Zagor IRL but I can't for the life of me remember ever playing Tribes with him.
RaVPup
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:41 pm

Can I grab any of those demos from you A3? I'm looking at converting them all.

7UP were a mixed team of Denmark & Isreal.

Maybe base version of Pandemonium had lightning & it was removed later? The shoutcaster in the AU vs USW match was watching me when it happened so it's on the record lol...

I remember some good times in early T2 camping the recal gens... and the trickle of players that would come to take it back, not enough of them knowing where it was to be attacked by more than 1 naked light at a time. It was a horrible map though.

I have Xargon US East on DBF too... but it wasn't a map we were ever scheduled to play against them according to the T2WC site.. was it a scrim?
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:48 pm

those ftp deets are still good a3, plz send ;p
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:52 pm

LOL I know Zagor IRL but I can't for the life of me remember ever playing Tribes with him.
Are you a Wellingtonian Rav? I watched Zagor & OLO play Boss, NZ vs 7up at the guy who started paradise at his LAN setup on Willis st in Wellington.. I think Prince was the team captain. There was some long haired asian dude I think was on AE but nfi which AE dude he was. The Dumbest shit ever is Centy was there also, staying with me from Auckland for the lan, and could've outplayed most of the NZ team and all the 7up team and they didn't use him...I guess when he was high scoring for ohm and Bittah it may have been different.

Oh, and Hobbz...I've made an extra folder for those that found looking in my base folder too hard.
BTW, this https://files.nastyhobbit.org/index.php ... lection%2F Doesnt match the upgrades I made to my demo folder about 3 weeks ago. I fixed a bunch of stuff and added lots of shizzle.

P.S. Everyone is so fond of saying how AU were robbed...and they were of the T2WC by USW. However USE beat all comers...including AU (bring the tears faggits)
|A3|
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:08 pm

i'll transfer them over now

* edit - https://files.nastyhobbit.org/index.php ... collection (should be good now, new one's are dated 2017 etc)
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:52 pm

P.S. Everyone is so fond of saying how AU were robbed...and they were of the T2WC by USW. However USE beat all comers...including AU (bring the tears faggits)
US East lost one match, to US-West.. and of course the semi final they were disqualified from
http://web.archive.org/web/200210161834 ... hp?group=2

Australia lost one match, to US-East, and drew with US-West in the 2nd round of elimination finals but were wrongly deemed to have lost based on a flag touch rule which only US-West was made aware of.

Appreciate you making those demos available :)
Last edited by ColonelBlair on Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:44 pm

the controversial one was mino wasn't it, using the sh naked spawn rush strat.

i used to have either the t2tv file (not sure if it was around then?) or the casters demo+mp3 file but i can still see the endless stream of bodies falling down the mino flag tower. i lost it and a bunch of other files when my western digital hdd failed :dev: have bought seagate ever since.
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:16 pm

and more USE ones... funny as hell...they get banned for using the plasma turret to spam an entrance and spamming some "nazi ****" lawks
do you have the one which caused them to get banned?
Oh and I have Xargon AU vs USE on DBF. And him on some others.
Do you know what the dessicator match was all about? Was it a scrim? Can't believe they got a cap on DBF in the final minute to tie it up.
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:53 pm

Okay...My memory is not that playing spawn got them banned but "illegally" (Suds invented rules as he went along) using their plasma turret to spam out the top entry turret in the tower and kill ZEE Germans walking into it. I'll see if I can track down any yanks from USE to verify. :buttplug:

I had a copy of a map....wasn't it DBF where USE took a cap on an AU server? If I'm wrong I'm sorry, but I remember someone from AU telling me the only team they lost a sitter (on AU server) to was USE, but it didn't matter anyway as they were booted.

The "rascist spam" was people saying "zee map" & "Vat iz ziss"? to going all out childish when told to stop. The USE guys I spoke to had no regrets saying it was a lame tourny. Which I guess they would.
|A3|
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:55 pm

And the answer is yes...I had a German demo and later a USE one of mino. But shit, cant find and it is boring as hell.
|A3|
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:57 pm

Can't believe they got a cap on DBF in the final minute to tie it up.
To cap on a team on their server means a win if they are all otherwise co/so,no? Caps..not touches :p But hey, you were there.

found this funny pic http://web.archive.org/web/200301251428 ... om/teamnz/
|A3|
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:43 am

Okay...My memory is not that playing spawn got them banned but "illegally" (Suds invented rules as he went along) using their plasma turret to spam out the top entry turret in the tower and kill ZEE Germans walking into it. I'll see if I can track down any yanks from USE to verify. :buttplug:
Close.
From an old TW thread:
http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/archive ... 3-p-7.html
clockw0rk
09-18-2007, 04:33 PM
I remember when you got kicked out of the T2WC for something. I think it was spamming the vpad from across the map with the rocket turret on the MPB.

Those were good times.

yeah. z0dd told me to do it.
I had a copy of a map....wasn't it DBF where USE took a cap on an AU server? If I'm wrong I'm sorry, but I remember someone from AU telling me the only team they lost a sitter (on AU server) to was USE, but it didn't matter anyway as they were booted.
We played US-East once, first round of T2WC... shoutcaster mentioned how crap everyone's pings were, so I assume we were playing on some asian server. I don't remember. Maybe we scrimmed them at some other time.
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:47 am

To cap on a team on their server means a win if they are all otherwise co/so,no? Caps..not touches :p But hey, you were there.
There were plenty of non co/so games, a lot of games were played on neutral servers to mitigate the ping issues.
Once it got to the finals I think things changed... where each map was played twice, once on each teams local servers. At least this is what happened with AU v USW elimination final... Then the CO/SO scenario happened.

Hawk said the USW team were informed mid way through the match (by Suds over their voicecomms) that touches would be used as a tiebreaker, something the AU team were not informed of, and in contrast to the rules agreed to.
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:13 pm

There were plenty of non co/so games, a lot of games were played on neutral servers to mitigate the ping issues.
Once it got to the finals I think things changed... where each map was played twice, once on each teams local servers. At least this is what happened with AU v USW elimination final... Then the CO/SO scenario happened.

Hawk said the USW team were informed mid way through the match (by Suds over their voicecomms) that touches would be used as a tiebreaker, something the AU team were not informed of, and in contrast to the rules agreed to.
Yes, you're right it was controlling the MPB turret...that was it...although I know the used turret control to cries on mino too..
Yeah, Hawk...Capt of =AU=, my friend, a player I admired & was my team captain for years. I'm not disputing =AU= got shafted. Just saying as the recent games you uploaded from Xarg show, that =AU= were not "unbeaten". But whatever...I'm uninterested in arguing about it. Oh, and if you wanna show one of the best player pov maps, take a look at Hawks demo on Woody vs USW. One of the best demos of the whole tourny, and the reason I got to know hawk and applied for Ohm as a team. But sure, if you get on it now you'll get a tshirt, no doubt :D
|A3|
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:22 pm

AU were certainly not unbeaten and were certainly no sure thing should we have beaten USA West.

I'm currently converting the Macbeth Germany vs US Central match... haven't watched it yet.. curious as to how the tournament co-MVP plays. I wonder if he ever got his tournament prize of tribes for life.
I'm guessing no ;)

I'll be converting Hawk on Woody next probably, will be a good one to watch.
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:07 am

Oh, and if you wanna show one of the best player pov maps, take a look at Hawks demo on Woody vs USW. One of the best demos of the whole tourny, and the reason I got to know hawk and applied for Ohm as a team
Now available
Team Lists:
Spoiler: Show
Team Australia:
Mert
stralia
DOX
MeathaX
MojoMan
hawk
Sentinel
4rcane
BrUtiCus
aliento
-KraKen
Xargon
]Fry[
Che^
Archangel
Arbitrator

USA West Team:
MadRabbit
nothin
Vermouth
DrAsTiC-
Bluehope
Messiah
Flyersfan
Bourbon
Blotter
Macros-
kyuss
-JJJ-
eliquel
CaMDog
Carveth
Deft
Team lists
NZ Team
Majikman
Zag0r
Vyndicate
OLO
dangermouse
CYAN|DE
Azraieth
Prince
Eowyn
Lil Miss Trouble
Larno
seldom
Jerbil
alThor
Wildcard

7UP (Denmark/Israel)
Armageddon
CoolCoaX
TheWiz
Capibara
G o l l u m
PoTaTo FiGhTeR
ChowTOdust
McMeany
Elder!
Hel
McByte
Da_Timsta
iNiKi
Macbeth was the tournament co-MVP and was meant to receive "Tribes for life" as a prize
Team lists:
Germany:
Macbeth
Kickaha
Arienal
Doenerkalle
ArkoN`
Tatzel
Dragor_II
ScaR
Merlin64