bittah.com!~ tribes ascend PTS

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Tribes / General / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:01 am

tribes ascend PTS

So have you lot tried the PTS?
Polemicist
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:59 am

is it up?
Nasty Hobbit
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:25 am

Yes and yes. It's been up for over a week I believe but still 0 AU servers(our servers are actually really crappy even in the main game now, they need to change host).

It's pretty difficult to play with 280 ping but from what I can tell all this update has done is thrown any form of gain you had from movement/energy management out the window (2 900+ direct damage explosive weapons, with TCN4 SMG) and made light capping redundant(shield pack + spin = strongest form of capping as of now). Cloak pack is still a joke, sniping is still a joke. Capping on the new map is pretty limited currently, some of the bounces look promising. New map doesn't have enough fog. Having devastator spin with chaingun + hammer = insanely strong HOF.

According to a bunch of NA/EU players they notice a decent change in netcode improvements which apparently were taken from smite. Would love to see them implement the demo stuff and further fps optimizations that smite has over tribes but we will see. People think the nova colt is now pointless to use when it almost does double the dps @ 40 ping compared to previously. In my opinion removing hitscan from a couple weapons but not all is a joke, either have some or none at all since all the cheats could simply be applied to the other forms of hitscan(shotgun+snipe).

There is 0 point to a large portion of the weapons in the game after doing this. In my opinion a weapon shouldn't exist unless it brings something new to the table(100% inheritance, click to fire with higher damage+low fire rate but similar dps, easier to hit but large damage nerf(like what hitscan used to be), knives vs chain, ect.)

It is the first release of the PTS and they do plan on releasing more updates before the real update is launched. Small team so you will be waiting a while, I wouldn't bother reinstalling until post patch release or if AUS pts servers come. There is a large amount of crap being suggested so I do recommend voicing your opinion if you have any hope for the game, no idea why they still use reddit like the official forums. :roll:

Suggestions post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Tribes/comment ... egathread/

Feedback forum: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1CxPfFR ... o/viewform
Dodge
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:09 pm

Thanks for that dodge
XU1
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:21 pm

This is something that came of people cracking the source code or some shit a while back?
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:00 pm

Re: tribes ascend PTS

This is something that came of people cracking the source code or some shit a while back?
No, official hirez patch. Though the hackin and crackin did bear fruit from what I've heard
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:50 pm

official hirez patch
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:02 am

Though the hackin and crackin did bear fruit from what I've heard
TAMods was nice. We may have a final release before they ban the injection method, I'm hoping they take schreqs latest stuff since that shit was insanely cool.

http://abload.de/img/route_etaxpsh4.png
Dodge
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:12 am

all they need to do is get rid of most of the weapons to balance it.

1 disc for all classes
1 chaingun for all classes
etc etc

rocket science
dose
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:43 am

Ehh I imagine Pathfinders running around with the ridiculous chain guns available to Soldiers/TCNs/Raiders and Sens with explosive secondaries and invis packs wouldn't be much fun.

Removing classes and the weapon/item restrictions available to them would mess up the balance so much and just lead to stupid shit like Dodge is describing has happened. People will figure out 2-3 combos and the rest of everything will be obsolete. I started with TA, so I'm not 100% sure on how older tribes games did it, but I didn't mind the class system at all. For awhile it made for interesting choices and changes in the way the game was played - Do you go the more dual heavy and mobile Soldier O, the staying power of Jugg O, Inf for the sniper, a mix of mobility and dueling and staying power with raider? Doombringer vs Brute stand? Or maybe a soldier or 2 pathfinders?

I enjoyed the period of the game where it seemed like these were all legitimate choices to make, and different teams had their different styles. I remember Ace's and bloodies inf play, Qhats raider, Jugg from xooy and whale, oodles soldier stand while rad did brute etc. The play styles defined the teams to me. That was until soldier was used for Stand (proxies), Capping (proxies), LD and offence.
Wolfrar
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:37 pm

All of those choices are still possible with the classic loadout style. Trust me wolf, it's better. But as dose said, need to dial the amount of duplicate weapons down.
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:49 pm

giveall()
Marv
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:36 pm

;
Kroz-
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:19 am

Apart from sniper and maybe ld nobody will use light because A. Inf cloak will get banned (even with the noise it makes now) B. medium just too strong with shield pack tech weapons (this even kind makes heavy irrelevant on O) C. Sent now has impacts meaning he'll try and play closer to stand which in turn will make lights mobility less important went playing roam D. Cap is like if sld capping and raider capping had a baby why use path.
I have no idea how the fuck they are going to balance all this shit without adding restrictions on select combos which is dumb. The class system already dealt with theses problems why remove all theses barriers. Every class had its positions

Pth - cap, ld
Inf - actually this doesn't cause invis is gay and got banned
Sent - killing o/cap
Sld- cap, o, roam
Raider- O, sent disrupt
Tech- shrike
Jugg- O, hof
Doom- hof
Brute- hof, o

Now

Light - sent
Medium - 3 x O, roam, Cap
Heavy- hof
SmowierFudge
calm

[ignore]

Post » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:13 am

Anyone with a clue could have seen that coming

Failathon
whitewhale

[ignore]

Post » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:11 pm

Failathon
lel. HiFail
Back to Middair.
ImPaLoR
PLEASE EXPLAIN!
PLEASE EXPLAIN!

[ignore]

Post » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:19 pm

Failathon
lel. HiFail
Back to Middair.
It's hard to go back to something that isn't out yet :(
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:15 pm

Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:43 pm

Why commit any time/energy to an obviously broken polish turd sandwich?

Hirez should balance the game before announcing a half-baked turd sandwich.
Yes - We could play the game and test it for them. But fuck em. They have money now. DIY MOFOS
ImPaLoR
PLEASE EXPLAIN!
PLEASE EXPLAIN!

[ignore]

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:58 pm

Bxt as a chasing weapon with agressive falloff, energy sniper rifle with lower damage and a locked energy pack. Oh, and 3 weapons on light with a 100% inheritance light gl.
Next PTS is a lot of balance changes and reorganizing.
It's looking like next week roughly.
About chain weapons:
PTS 2 will have smaller hitboxes, adjusted fire rates, adjusted magazine values, and more aggressive fall off. It's a definite nerf, but it's not as huge of a nerf as it sounds.
Dodge
unsettled

[ignore]