bittah.com!~ View topic - New SEN Weapon In Action (SAP20) & Other Unreleased Items

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Tribes: Ascend gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance.

General discussion for the Starsiege Tribes Community: T1, T2 and Tribes: Ascend

Moderator: Super Moderators

Post » Wed May 09, 2012 6:54 pm

Sotha Wrote:Can you imagine the missile launcher firing rockets that travel double the speed? You would have a hoard of doombringers on each server murdering everybody who hasn't unlocked flares. Do not sign me up to this game.

Hardly. Have you tried using the sabre? It's near impossible to get a lock, it does little damage and anyone who shoot anything at it will shoot it down. Doubling its speed might almost make it useful against a lights but it'd still be useless against vehicles.
Fairon
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Wed May 09, 2012 7:24 pm

i do think sabre rockets could use speed increase, as it is now u have plenty of time to turn around and smg a missile on foot and basically u easily outrun a missile in a shrike at range and are spending 2 mins behind a hill waiting for it finally reach it and explode which is boring for both the firer and the shrike. Would be better if they were atleast 50% faster but less agile, for example u could wait on the ground for the missile and dj at the last sec and would be enough the dodge at the cost of the dj damage etc. That said a missile you could guide yourself would be more fun/skillfull

DOX
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed May 09, 2012 7:32 pm

If they dont want to give the sabre a speed increase then simply remove the alert tone until the missile is within 50m or something... you can still show the missile as a HUD element, but just no sound alert until it's close up.

ColonelBlair
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:33 pm

Not sure if someone already said this but, I'm pretty sure the flare gun will be anti-saber launcher. For when Pathies are bailing with the flag.

Valliance
calm

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:26 pm

In T2 it was semi-suicidal not to carry flares.. in T:A it would be completely stupid for you to remove either a weapon or a nitron to take flares.

ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:02 am

Vexor Wrote:Not sure if someone already said this but, I'm pretty sure the flare gun will be anti-saber launcher. For when Pathies are bailing with the flag.
Sabre launcher is a complete puppy. Anyone going under 200 as a capper deserves to be hit by a missile, you don't need flares at all to avoid them. :P
Scorch
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:07 am

I would prefer the rockets launched from it acted like actual rockets irl, and had sweeping curves of movement, not this random straight tracking bs they currently do. I would like no speed cap on them either, but, it gains speed slowly, as in when it first launches it gets faster and faster the more flight time it has. :?:

Edit: maybe to a speed cap of 300, so a properly fast capper still outruns it but if you llama and get locked you're proper f****d.

oodLes
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:45 am

Scorch Wrote:
Vexor Wrote:Not sure if someone already said this but, I'm pretty sure the flare gun will be anti-saber launcher. For when Pathies are bailing with the flag.
Sabre launcher is a complete puppy. Anyone going under 200 as a capper deserves to be hit by a missile, you don't need flares at all to avoid them. :P

True, true. I have found myself going over 200, only to find a doomie's camped right in my route and is sending a missile straight towards my ass :buttplug:. With my ping, even with the speed, I tend to find missiles glitching into my face.
Valliance
calm

[ignore]