bittah.com!~ Attn: PS4 and PC/Mac owners

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:48 am

Attn: PS4 and PC/Mac owners

https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/r ... index.html
Use the (PS4 Remote Play) application to control your PlayStation®4 system from your computer
http://kotaku.com/a-quick-test-of-ps4s- ... 1769443166
going to test it with the division. figures that you have to lower your monitors res to 720 or 1080 depending on what the game puts out.

edit: lol, doesn't work with win 7. gg, will test it on the surface pro 1.
Nasty Hobbit
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:54 pm

How does this actually work? Was watching a guy playing Division from his PS4 onto his macbook. Wouldnt it run like shit?
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:23 pm

How does this actually work? Was watching a guy playing Division from his PS4 onto his macbook. Wouldnt it run like shit?
The same as Remote play on a vita/phone or PSTV, it just streams the video from the PS4 to the other device, still pretty cool though. Gigabit ethernet would be the way to go if your router supports that.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:46 pm

Wouldnt your controller need to be in range of ps4?
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:21 pm

Software probably sends the button presses to the PS4. The PC software asked me to connect my controller to PC via USB but thats as far as I've bothered to get.

Apparently it uses the same hardware thats used when you record gameplay so I guess in theory it should look as good as that but your networking equipment would need to be upto scratch.
Last edited by PeTtY on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:28 pm

Software probably sends the button presses to the PS4. The PC software asked me to connect my controller to PC via USB but thats as far as I've bothered to get.
Surely that'd end up with input lag?

Is this the same concept as what steam does to play pc games on tv? I never really thought about using it but i can see where it might be appealing now ive made my PC taboo in my house.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:31 pm

Surely that'd end up with input lag?
Yeah if i remember right there was a bit of input lag when I played oddworld via remote play on my vita. It's not gonna be a perfect experience.

PS4 has had remote play since release I believe and theres an unofficial app out for android so you can stream to your phone. I assume it is the same basic method behind Steam TV but I'm not sure.

It might not be very good for fast paced games where reaction time matters but I could see myself making use of it from time to time.

Thinking about it I wonder how well a chromecast + unofficial remote play app would work. Could end up being a very cheap way to play on the spare telly.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:10 pm

a while ago i was able to do side missions on just cause 3 using a sony xperia z2 phone. i was going to get an xperia tablet next but may not have to if they get this pc app working nicely. there's no reason it couldn't stream 1080 60fps over network cables, wifi not so much.
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:43 pm

I Imagine it works along the same lines as XBONE streaming to PC does which works really really well. No discernible input lag or my gig network but the gfx fidelity is slightly lower.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]