bittah.com!~ View topic - Surface Book

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

Overclocking, Hardware/Software, Linux, Servers, Web Page help

Moderator: Super Moderators

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:03 am

Actually, you just reminded me. The last Lenovo that I bought, had the “D” key **** itself right after I unpacked it for first use. When I rang Lenovo, they said they didn’t replace faulty keyboards. So yes that was a shitfight on their behalf but other than that, no problems. I also checked and I don’t have the “Superfish” crap installed so no worries. I have to say that my laptop is 3yrs old and pretty robust for its age.

RaVPup
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:15 pm

Avoid the X1 at all costs rav, client in melb/syd has them for all of their sales/exec staff...constant fails - corrupt disks, psu dead, keyboards die, cant dock etc

Only good lenovos are the old style thinkpads

jazzymcsleazy
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:34 pm

jazzymcsleazy Wrote:Avoid the X1 at all costs rav, client in melb/syd has them for all of their sales/exec staff...constant fails - corrupt disks, psu dead, keyboards die, cant dock etc

Only good lenovos are the old style thinkpads

Damn! I probably should Google to see if these problems are with the entire line or just a bad batch. Anyway the Surface Pro 4 looks pretty damn good as well. For me it’s just productivity apps but I still want a bit of grunt. Not too sure if the Surface Pro 4 would be just an “iPad” in a different shell. I hate screen based keyboards which is why I haven’t invested in a ‘tablet’ PC so far.
RaVPup
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:39 pm

Biggest issue with my surface pro 3 is the keyboard and mouse pad. They are pretty shitty. They work but its not a super nice experience

If you are going to be sitting on a couch and using it on your knees/cushion a lot it can become annoying.

Other than that its awesome. Its nothing like a ipad in a different shell. Its a PC in a tablet.

Go and check one out Rav. I'm sure it will impress you.

rain
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:14 pm

The dock + a monitor (or 3) and a regular mouse&keyboard for when you want to do serious work is ok on them from what clients say - at least as usable as a regular optiplex 990/9020 etc

jazzymcsleazy
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:04 pm

yeah from what I've read online the keyboard on the pro 4 is improved greatly from the pro 3. Productivity wise the surface runs windows and is more comparable to a netbook whereas the ipad pro still runs ios.

Microsoft are really starting to put out some decent hardware both with their surface and lumia ranges imo.

PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:02 pm

I suppose the best thing to do is to duck into a local JB HiFi and have a play around with the Surface Pro 4. The laptop in a tablet genre is the one I’m looking for. Kinda like graduating from a desktop to a laptop I assume, although the form factor does not look *that* different from a tablet.

RaVPup
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]