bittah.com!~ Windows 10 is literally a botnet keylogger - Page 2

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:41 am

Note: I did notice an issue last night. Skype would not connect no matter what I changed or played with, and I couldn't access their site. I was also consistently disconnected from battlenet chat, and had some other strange issues with steam voice chat etc.

Had to manually update my wireless drivers - fixed the issues.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:39 am

I went ahead and updated and so far so good - some nice additions. Really like the hard drive space tool - much improved over 7.

Not sure about that start menu replacement yet though - might need to customise it a little more. Have you guys dont much to the overall interface? I'm still using the old style of quicklaunch bar down the bottom, love my show desktop icon bottom left etc.
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:58 pm

I went ahead and updated and so far so good - some nice additions. Really like the hard drive space tool - much improved over 7.

Not sure about that start menu replacement yet though - might need to customise it a little more. Have you guys dont much to the overall interface? I'm still using the old style of quicklaunch bar down the bottom, love my show desktop icon bottom left etc.
I used win8 for quite a while so I'm fairly used to searching for the app i wanna launch and so rarely use the start button.

Actually in regards to the "show my desktop" button it seems thinner and harder to press then win7/8 especially with a 2nd monitor connected
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:09 pm

I fucking hated the start button in windows 8. The full screen app menu drove me crazy. I'm not using a tablet so don't give me their same shitty app menu. I want a normal app menu.

Thankfully Windows 10 is a hybrid version that is far more preferable.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:03 pm

Re: Windows 10 is literally a botnet keylogger

I used win8 for quite a while so I'm fairly used to searching for the app i wanna launch and so rarely use the start button.

Actually in regards to the "show my desktop" button it seems thinner and harder to press then win7/8 especially with a 2nd monitor connected
Windows key + D does the same thing
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:02 pm

One thing im noticing missing in Win 10 from Win 7 - when you went into the start menu, where's all the programs? Like all the installed games and software etc - the list is gone.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:06 pm

It's at the bottom under "All apps"
Xandrax
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:08 pm

NM this is what i was looking for: http://www.classicshell.net/

That all apps list is horrible IMO
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:44 pm

Its been years since i actually navigated a start menu in windows tbh. i just press the windows key and type the first part of what im looking for and hit enter.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: Windows 10 is literally a botnet keylogger

Its been years since i actually navigated a start menu in windows tbh. i just press the windows key and type the first part of what im looking for and hit enter.
Which is all well and good until you forget what that thing is called
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:14 am

Ive always modified my windows to look pretty much the same - always the same quicklaunch down bottom etc.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:27 pm

"Microsoft is issuing updates that spy on every Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 computer just like Windows 10"

https://freedomhacker.net/latest-window ... s-10-4568/

Can anyone verify if this is correct?
ImPaLoR
PLEASE EXPLAIN!
PLEASE EXPLAIN!

[ignore]

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:23 am

The article you linked contains all the information you need to verify. It even links you to MSKB sites that state exactly what the updates do.
But if you really need it, yes, I can confirm. Even if you hide these fuckers they pop back up in the next week.

Surprised people here even goofed and upgraded. Surely there are more of you that lurk 4ch/leddit? Even the enterprise N ed of w10 that /g/ advocates needs to be heavily hamstrung with gpolicy edits, firewalls and a lack of common sense.
Seraphic
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:28 am

The article you linked contains all the information you need to verify. It even links you to MSKB sites that state exactly what the updates do.
But if you really need it, yes, I can confirm. Even if you hide these fuckers they pop back up in the next week.

Surprised people here even goofed and upgraded. Surely there are more of you that lurk 4ch/leddit? Even the enterprise N ed of w10 that /g/ advocates needs to be heavily hamstrung with gpolicy edits, firewalls and a lack of common sense.
The way I see it is that privacy on the web cannot be done in half measures. You either go balls to the wall and encrypt everything or you don't worry about it. Any grey area means someone somewhere has your data and my choice of OS doesnt change that.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]