bittah.com!~ console advice

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:07 pm

console advice

Its friggin hot here in Katherine and the children, bless them in their multitudes, seem reluctant to go outside.

we have had the thought of buying a console to distract them occasionally and would appreciate some advice from those of you that haven't had a gaggle of offspring and have the time to do what they want.

anyway, given the range of ages of the kids I thought that games that they can play that make them use there bodies instead of controllers would be good.
Its not for me but I wouldn't mind playing occasionally.

the kids experience with consoles is mostly playing wii sports when we visit cousins.

I'm leaning to a PS4 but I can't really justify why.

so......
GoZFisH
bittah, jaded, anti social freak
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:33 pm

Sony is working on project morpheus which will be a combination of the occulus rift and playstation move. Should be good for the kids although It's probably a few years away yet. They have also been pushing the indie games pretty hard most of which would be great for the young ones.

Xbox one has recieved far more updates than the ps4 has but most of them are geared towards media and entertainment.

Should mention that the "Playstation TV" releases soon at a price point of $149 and will allow you to steam your PS4 games over local wifi to another HDMI enabled TV in the house. Might be great for when the kids/wife are using the main TV. I use remote play to my PS Vita all the time and its pretty cool to be able to still play the playstation while the TV is in use.

https://ebgames.com.au/ps4-202683-PlayS ... yStation-4

I much prefer the Dualshock 4 over the Dualshock 3 but the xbox one controller takes the cake imo. If none of the above (ps4 biased obviously) sways your decision then your best bet is to just look over the upcoming exclusives and go from there.

Sony has destroyed Microsoft the gen in terms of pricing.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:38 am

Re: console advice

Are the DS4 controllers solid.enough that children won't destroy them easily?
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:46 am

Are the DS4 controllers solid.enough that children won't destroy them easily?
I could maybe see the lightbar breaking if it were hit at the right angle but it would be pretty difficult. The Launch consoles had issue's with the thumbstick grip wearing down (gotta get my controller replaced under warranty) but apparently that is fixed in current revisions. Other than that I feel it would be pretty hard to break one from tossing it and the trigger buttons feel alot more solid than they do on the DS3.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]