bittah.com!~ vaporizer??

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:52 pm

vaporizer??

This is aimed to petty or iscy or anyone else that may have knowledge to share within the subject (yarrick?).........(also, i put this in the hardware/software forum....as i don't know if it's suitable for 'safe house' viewing.....that and i totally plan on using it as a peripheral device whilst playing on my PC :P)

Basically.....my 'lil town has been dry for a week or two (feels like a year....) but with all the extra cash i have (and phlegm...) i think now is the best time to splurge on a vape - purpose for the thread is trying to gain an idea of which one would be both cost effective and works as intended (readily portable is a big plus!)...any advice would be appreciated - otherwise, feel free to jump in and tell me to fuck off....at least i'll get a giggle out of it! :laugh:
aristo-
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:06 pm

Re: vaporizer??

Rich? Volcano. Not as rich? Magic flight. The magics also come with a lifetime warranty that covers anything.
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:11 pm

Nasty Hobbit
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:48 pm

Cheers Hefflehoff...Magic flight looks interesting....and price looks right too.....currently attempting to quit smoking....it's not fun - i was getting to the point that waking up was an almighty ritual of clearing my lungs/throat etc etc......gotta love how all that gets worse without smoking for a few days - and then partaking in beverages that make one want to smoke even more was not a good idea........My understanding is that switching to a vape may well aid in this process....just removing combustion and tobacco altogether can't hurt anyway...

@hobb whats that from?? I want to see it now :) Or find out if it's available to rent at least :laugh:
aristo-
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:14 pm

http://www.ozbongs.com.au/VaporGenie-Classic-Black/
Iscy got me onto one of these a year or so ago, while not a pure out and out vape it is really handy when you're out and about and want to have a taste without jumping onto the billy's/buckets etc. Haven't had a bong since.

http://www.ozbongs.com.au/Vapir-NO2/
Ended up upgrading to this, still mobile and not huge in size..for what it is it really hits the spot. awesome stuff.
dose
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:42 pm

How's the warranty for the vapir?
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:55 pm

.....currently attempting to quit smoking....it's not fun
:
lol - trying to quit smoking by buying a vaporizer?

protip - fuck the vaporizer, buy nicotine patches. Worked for me
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:48 pm

.....currently attempting to quit smoking....it's not fun
:
lol - trying to quit smoking by buying a vaporizer?

protip - fuck the vaporizer, buy nicotine patches. Worked for me
Yeah might need patches or something.... but it's just ciggies I'm wanting to quit. ... not everything I enjoy - I believe removing the element of combustion is necessary, otherwise removing the cigarettes alone is probably a futile attempt at improving my respiratory health.......

@LR, have you felt better for not partaking in billies? Or is there minimal difference? Closest I've tried is one of those e-cig things. ... and i can see how it could make a huge difference to switch to vaping - but don't know anyone that has actually switched over yet. ... makes sense to do it though imo...
aristo-
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:48 pm

In all honesty mate it's the best decision I've made in a long time. I've quit tobacco as well now but still spin my weed ever so slightly - The first 4-6 weeks are tough, you'll feel like shit for a bit and have the urge because the high is a little different...while it doesn't give you that 'hit' it is a far more enjoyable high. I love doing stuff when I've had a few dips on the vapo..sport, music, anything. Definitely a far more friendly high for me. All of my mates are on the same train, without any prompting a lot of them say "this is how it felt the first few times I got high"...its cleaner and you just giggle like a motherfucker. For me, that's what its all about :)

I find I can breathe a lot better and my mind is a lot clearer the next day..couldn't recommend it more!
dose
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:48 pm

Petty is a huge advocate of full time ecigs - big thread on that here somewhere - I've read to make them worthwhile you need to invest a bit, which is a problem as I'm a tightass.
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:55 pm

I dunno if I would use a magic flight full time. It's good when your out and about but you might want something a little better at home.

The two I can personally recommend are the Herbalaire which is what I own and use regularly. It's canadian and built like a brick, I seriously couldn't break it no matter what I tried. My only gripe is that the holes in the screen are really small (I suppose cos there's no need to chop it up) but this leads to it getting clogged up with "honey oil" which isn't necessarily a bad thing as you can indeed heat this up and smoke it.
Arizer Extreme Q is the other contender and considering they are both priced pretty similar this one is much more aesthetically pleasing imo. The reason I stayed away from this is that it has several parts made of glass and I've seen parts brake after a drop of 1-2ft. The other benefit is it comes with a digital display.
Both can be used with bags or whip but the reviews I've read state the herbalaire is more effecient and as long as your happy with the whip method then its also probably more portable than the Arizer Exterme Q. Downside there being is that the pump is seperate and comes with a seperate power adapter so portabilty is seriously decreased if your a bag only type of guy. Volcano is really nice but I don't think its worth the extra money over the two I mentioned above.

Don't buy anything sub $100 as most of they time they are complete shit and end up doing more combustion than vaporizing.

I love my vape and use it daily but It's not a full time replacement for me. I usually vape a small bud (srsly you can vape 0.2g and get 2 people high) and chop up a few cones at the same time. The problem for me is what I guess you would call the "hit". I can't shake the feeling that I need to feel the smoke at the back of my throat. Then again I had no intention of giving up the billy when I bought my vape.

P.S Avoid anything similar to this ebay item like the plague. They are seriously terrible!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Digital-Herb ... 99c&_uhb=1
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:47 pm

Cheers guys - info has helped...............Herbalaire looks like a winner - i think i've possibly already had my last sesh with Billy Bong Thornton (and Wesley Pipes for that matter... :laugh:)

@petty - have you stuffed 7g in there yet?? :baddass: Also....is it not horrendously easy just to load that up and smoke...uh, vape your brains out?? The whole 'on demand' thing that guy was talking about sounds like my kinda deal....but again...seems i'd be pretty tempted to load it up and go all night.....

just a side note too......how does one get a job as a vaporizer rep?? That would be wicked~! :laugh:
aristo-
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:58 pm

I'm quitting too risto, temper not good

I use the little fake ciggy things

Going to be worth it in comp season though!!
whitewhale

[ignore]

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:09 pm

I'm quitting too risto, temper not good
Tell me about it......luckily i've thus far been able to redirect my chi, so as to not go all super saiyan on my colleagues :laugh:

aristo-
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:21 pm

I recently quit cold turkey. Im not a little pussy like you bitches though.
Bash
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:21 am

Cheers guys - info has helped...............Herbalaire looks like a winner - i think i've possibly already had my last sesh with Billy Bong Thornton (and Wesley Pipes for that matter... :laugh:)

@petty - have you stuffed 7g in there yet?? :baddass: Also....is it not horrendously easy just to load that up and smoke...uh, vape your brains out?? The whole 'on demand' thing that guy was talking about sounds like my kinda deal....but again...seems i'd be pretty tempted to load it up and go all night.....

just a side note too......how does one get a job as a vaporizer rep?? That would be wicked~! :laugh:
haha I did 2 grams last time I took it round to some mates and that kept us going for the majority of the drinking session.

As the guy says in the video you can just load it up and not worry about wasting it if your using the whip which is what I find easiest to use when im alone. Max temp is 200 degrees and it only takes about a minute and a half to get to that temp. It actually switches itself off after 30 minutes and you need to turn it back on as a saftey measure.

I find it best to just use enough so that the jets are covered because you really don't need to use much plant matter at all. I did a little experiement and got a buzz from nothing but a small piece of stem. At any rate and despite being so easy to get going (no need to chop/grind) since buying the vape I probably get an extra full day out of 7grams and I'm a pretty big pothead.

Be careful when first using a proper vape as its really easy to underestimate just how much of a hit you are actually getting so if you've got a partner or mates who are lightweight start them off slowly. My gf gets the giggles after only 1 or 2 inhales.

The other benefit that probably isn't really well known is 'ABV' (aka 'Already Been Vaped Bud') which I've used to make nutella firecrackers and im currently saving up near an ounce of it for a tincture that I'll use with an ecig.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:53 am

Any stainless steel vaporizers that completely avoid plastic/teflon etc.?
ImPaLoR
PLEASE EXPLAIN!
PLEASE EXPLAIN!

[ignore]

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:04 pm

The magic flight is wood and glass, and I think the genie is ceramic and metal
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:45 pm

Ceramic - lead
Plastic - 100s of toxic chemicals
Teflon - fluoride
Just saying :)

Thanks for the tips sir
Last edited by ImPaLoR on Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImPaLoR
PLEASE EXPLAIN!
PLEASE EXPLAIN!

[ignore]

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:06 pm

If you're thinking what I think you are, you should look at the flight. They're all about green earth/hippy love etc so it should tick your boxes
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]