bittah.com!~ format for sunday midair

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Midair / General / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

the two modes I prefer are:

LCTF pubs
6%
BASE pubs
19%
LCTF pickup games (captains)
25%
BASE pickup games (captains)
50%

Total votes: 16

Post » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:12 pm

format for sunday midair

just probing. some pubs and pugs are happening adhoc during the week but on sunday we get the most players. it has been suggested that some would prefer to keep pubbing while we figure the game out.

select 2 of your preferred formats.
Nasty Hobbit
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:22 pm

We really need to sort this shit out cause four hours before the PUG starts is redic like last Sunday.
practor
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:45 pm

i figured we were going to pub base and only pug if there was interest. once the captains are worked out, selecting teams takes less than 2 mins using discord. if the vote ends up strongly in favour of base pugs then we can stick to a start time so practor knows when to do the dishes ;) cap it at 3 pug matches, then go back to pubs.

atm we only have me, petty and danger putting their hands up to capt. i don't mind doing it, but don't want to always be the one doing it.
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:54 pm

atm we only have me, petty and danger putting their hands up to capt. i don't mind doing it, but don't want to always be the one doing it.
Pretty much this. I was quite upset at how a few guys spoke to hobb after last sunday's pug. I'll sort the bot out so it can be used to organise and select pug teams.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:12 pm

i figured we were going to pub base and only pug if there was interest. once the captains are worked out, selecting teams takes less than 2 mins using discord. if the vote ends up strongly in favour of base pugs then we can stick to a start time so practor knows when to do the dishes ;) cap it at 3 pug matches, then go back to pubs.

I'll put my hand up to captain and I'll start this Sunday. What if the captains are picked a week prior (say after that nights pug) for the following Sunday and teams are picked from Discord at 8.15 for a 8.45 start?
practor
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:52 pm

Pretty much this. I was quite upset at how a few guys spoke to hobb after last sunday's pug. I'll sort the bot out so it can be used to organise and select pug teams.
You okay pet?
XU1
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Let me just say I <3 hobb and everyone contributing to making the effort to organise anything at all. My comments on discord were really not supposed to be taken negatively, I was just whinging that I'd love to have the chance to pug earlier on sundays.

I guess part of the problem is mostly my own, as the clock runs a couple of hours later in NZ. So when it takes a few hours to get consensus on what we're gonna do that means things are starting around midnight for me.

Anyway, no offense intended.
|A3|
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

Yahoo Messenger: A3YrOldGirl
[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:57 pm

You okay pet?
Nah man fell through a hole in the porch that I fucking asked the real estate to fix 6 weeks ago my legs all cut up and bruised and shit.

My comment wasn't really directed at anyone specifically (certainly not at you a3 bebs). We are still a small community and I'm actually surprised we got enough interest to pug before the 25th anyway.

I think having the bot handle the pugs is going to be the best way to get it done quickly. Will work on having it ready for next weekend.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:52 pm

sue lawyer, sue!

was just the one comment about how i might not be qualified to captain (which i found amusing). seeing as nobody else is counting, i'm currently on 3 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss thx :wink:

anyway, the games are just for fun and testing. comp srs mode comes later. good to see the number of aussies posting feedback on base has gone up. the more ppl that highlight potential issues means they have a better chance of being fixed.
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:59 pm

lol calm down peeps.

the person in question only had a go at Hobb captaining because he is competitive and wants to win. When all fails who do you blame - the one in charge.

To be fair, hobbz picked myself and CB (not bad base players :yellow_laugh: ) and we were fucking around in a bomber, bombing turrets etc I believe that's the game we lost badly.
All is still in test mode so calm thnx
XU1
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:04 pm

How do we feel about positions in base?

I was thinking today about this.

Defense:

1 LD chase
1 HoF
1 sniper
1 TM
1 HD Door
1 Medium D (chasing HO)

Offense:
5 HO
1 capper

that's 12 a side..

FYI we need to play that indoor CTF base map. It's very similar to Minator (spelling?)

Keep trying new base maps thnx!
XU1
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:41 pm

how was massive? i didn't leave the flag area all map.
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:24 am

I suggest playing small base maps as people know them from LT
How do we feel about positions in base?

I was thinking today about this.

Defense:

1 LD chase
1 HoF
1 sniper
1 TM
1 HD Door
1 Medium D (chasing HO)

Offense:
5 HO
1 capper
Honestly use this

Defence

4 engineers (1 doubles as stand d can possibly do in heavy d)
2 midfield sniper (close to base on main capper entries )

Offence

4 ho (turret discers with health)
2 medium cap

Will be tough getting through the d but it will work, might even see a legit use for bomber or tank cause fuck facing all those turrets sensors and snipers. Not sure there is much point going for gens consistently
whitewhale

[ignore]

Post » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:07 am

4 engineers lol

yeah that would work tbh, and highlight the problem with engineers
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:12 am

I'd be interested to see how both of those strategies would run. I think XU1's is about perfect if the game wasn't so OP in certain areas (and would reflect the game as it should be) whereas WW's team layout reflects taking full advantage of the game in it's current state (although to be fair I probably wouldn't run more than 2 or, absolute max, 3 TM's lol.
I'd love to have a couple of maps played with those kinds of strats in place to see how they work out...with everyone playing possie.

Oh and hobbs, you can captain me any day...If I was whinging it was more about you being nice and taking everyone thoughts into consideration (which is hardly a fault)...Just in terms of PUG's I want to be nazi'd into place rather than waiting for consensus as that takes all night...but hey, maybe it wasn't something I said...but if it was I think that was my gist, and I am sorry if I caused offense <3
|A3|
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

Yahoo Messenger: A3YrOldGirl
[ignore]

Post » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:44 pm

nobody offended me ;)
i know you guys better than that <3

sunday base pugs are winning the vote. let's aim for an solid 8:30 start to the first map, captains can organise teams while ppl pub.
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]