Shut up and take my money?
yes, http://steamcommunity.com/app/439370/ ($29.99 USD)
Who are these guys?
how midair came about: Interview with BugsPray - Midair/Archetype CEO
What's that link again?
archetype forums and discord
aus/nz discord (irc/voip) invite link - discord , or click the logo on the sidebar ->
youtube playlist for midair aus/nz
Midair Top User Issues
How do I know when people are playing Midair?
we have a discord bot that can notify you when x number of people are in a server. the invite link is above.
there are currently 3 aus servers, the commands for getting notifications when 2 or more are ingame are:
Code: Select all
!notify oceania 2 !notify bittah 2 !notify aus - general 2
alpha - march 2017
closed beta / early access - august 2017
early access open beta - september 2017
open beta - october 2017
When is the game going to be released?
Jordan: Release ETA is 1.5yrs after KS - Q1 2018
Who do we know with instant access?
hobb, petty, danger, rougey, stuby, neogenetix, marv, kustom, rain, grailer, fry, meld, riker, punk, shakey-lo, jester, paradox, concept, xui, whitewhale, iago, nexgen, aceofspades, deathlace, kurupt, lenny, sansius, evangelion, skymarshall heff, nextwish, dodge, mikhail, ragingmoose, a3, sarge, damo, ambient, bael, bash, dose, practor
* more have signed up since alpha and closed beta
How much will this game be?
f2p with aesthetic micro-transactions. can do progression unlocks or a one-time payment (~$30) to unlock everything
Will there be a Voice Game System? (VGS)
yes, it's called quickvoice. out of date list of binds is here
How many maps are currently in the game?
32 all up, most can be played in two or more modes
17 base, 13 LT, 10 rabbit, 5 arena - map gallery
Do the maps go on forever?
no, has an oob grid for flags and a red oob grid for edge of map
Is there be a 3rd person view option?
Will there be local animation taunts?
Bugs: Yes (probably)
Are there be health kits or health regen?
Jordan: No passive regen.
health nuggets are in
Can I be able to scavenge weapons/ammo/packs/health kits off people?
Bugs: Yes, but we've tweaked it a bit from what the prior titles do.
How many classes are in the game?
Jordan: Light (3 weapons) Medium (4) Heavy (5)
What weapons are currently in the game?
blaster, chaingun, ring launcher(disc), grenade launcher, railgun(snipe), mortar
Will there be vehicles and what kind?
in base yes, shrike (fighter), tank and bomber are in, the rest is TBD but for now there's this
Can you steal vehicles?
What deployables are currently in the game?
land/wall/water turrets, sensors, remote inven (no call downs), mines
What packs are currently in the game?
aegis (shield), arsenal (ammo), kinetic (energy), stealth (cloak), engineer (TM)
- repair tool is not a pack, it's a belt item that you can pickup for self/asset healing
- packs can also use one or two augments (list and descriptions of packs/augments here)
How do I equip loadouts
Set and name your loadouts from the main menu (or from the escape menu ingame.
- Each game mode (LCTF, CTF, Arena, Rabbit) has a number of presets you can edit. Some modes have armour and weapon restrictions (Eg: No snipers in rabbit).
- Each of your loadouts is set to a numpad key.
- Some weapons can only be used by certain armour classes (eg: Sniper - Light armour only, Mortar - Heavy armour only).
- In LCTF and Rabbit a loadout selection is applied when you respawn.
- In CTF and Arena you need to select a loadout first and then use an inventory station to equip it.
- A deployable inventory station cannot change your armour (Light/Medium/Heavy), you need to use a base station for that.
How do I turret monkey?
The engineer pack uses a charge/token system. A light armour is capped at 2 tokens, Medium and Heavy have 3.
- Once equipped, press your 'Use pack' button to bring up a menu of what you can deploy.
- Once you deploy something, the pack will slowly recharge or you can use an inventory station (base stations give you 3, deployables give you 2).
- Sensors costs 1 token, Turrets costs 2 tokens, Deployable inventory stations costs 3.
- To equip the repair pack in your loadouts, you need to set a second one (Eg: Num5 - Engineer, Num6 - Repairer)
- Repair packs can be picked up from spawn points around the base (Click 'Use pack' to activate, then fire to repair the asset or person).
Are grenades are in the game?
yes, frag only atm (set to max throw), unknown if flares/missiles are coming
Will there be changeable base turret barrels?
Bugs: We've talked about it but no firm plan on that yet
Are mines in the game?
yes, but no mine-disc'ing
Will there be demo/playback ability?
Can I adjust my FOV?
Can I zoom and cycle zoom level?
Are there hitsounds?
Will the be limited scripting?
Can I remove the 120fps cap?
yes, open the following file:
and if you have a 144Mhz monitor put this in
Code: Select all
sorta, you can play any map offline using the console ~ and type 'open' to see an autocomplete list of all maps/modes. then use up/down arrows to scroll through them and press enter to start.
Can I view a list of servers in the browser
yes, yes you can