bittah.com!~ [Movie] About Time (2013)
Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.
- Recent Topics
Not as bad as I thought it would be.
- Pretty safe feelgood movie in the end, don't have to think about it too much
- Tim grows up in a rather secluded part of Cornwall with his rather eccentric family
- Couldn't catch a root if he nosedived off the top of a Christmas tree
- On his 21st birthday his Dad advises him that all the male members of the family can time travel at will, and gives him the secret way in which this can be done
- Advises to only use this gift to make him happy, and Tim decides that it's time to find love and happiness
- Initially this takes the form of the ridiculously hot Margot Robbie, but realising this isn't going to happen he leaves for London with gigantic blue balls
- One night, he goes into a pitchblack bar and meets Mary (who turns out to be the slightly-less-ridiculously-hot-but-still-hot Rachel McAdams) and she gives him her number
- Unfortunately after using his powers to help his new flatmate, he loses Mary's details from his phone, and so begins his quest to (re)find his true love
- Plus some emotional twists involving family members thrown in for good measure
- A bit like Click with "the feels" rather out of the blue but it works
- Suffers a little like any time travel movie, but not too much, and I could suspend disbelief on most of the things that were raised
- Didn't really get enough of a bond between the two leads, didn't quite work for me tbh
3.5 KFC buckets out of 5