bittah.com!~ [Movie] Snowpiercer (2014)

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Reviews / 

Moderators: Deepjay, Sotha, Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:43 pm

[Movie] Snowpiercer (2014)

IMDB Link
TRAILER Link

[Internet Rating]
7/10-IMDb
95%-Rotten Tomatoes
84%-Metacritic

[Genre] Scifi, Art-house, Action

[First Thought]
To the wondering eye one may see an absurd, definitely convoluted hollywood popcorn flick. Yet what we have here is a seriously good art-house film full of subtext; painted in mainstream camouflage. I viewed this over a week ago and really enjoyed it, even though I was left feeling like I was missing something. The reason for this was I downloaded and watched it in popcorn flick mode. It had good reviews which confused me after watching the trailer, the plot seems rather tripe. But essentially I really enjoyed it and wasn't sure why until today when I started thinking about it. I had watched the whole film ignorant of director Joon-ho Bong's brilliance.

[Plot]
On the outside it's a frozen post-apocalyptic world where the survivors live on a train that continually moves around the entire planet to prevent it from freezing (durp i know). The length of the train is comprised of classes of people ranging from first, up the front, down to the lower class, at the back of the train. Uprising ensues.

[Plaz is Rad]
I'm still unravelling the layers to this film; which is always enjoyable when a film can do that.
Spoiler: Show
Here is a nice breakdown of the films subtext, a little different to where my penny initially dropped but thats the beauty of seeing how people interpret things differently. There are a number of similar but different ideas that I'm reading up on now.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm9qKj1Q_OU#t[/youtube]

[Rating]
I need to watch it again as I keep increasing the rating. 8.5-9 ?
Bash
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:55 pm

I watched this movie on the plane heading back from Europe. Had never heard of it. After watching it I figured it was some straight to DVD thing.
SoulFire
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:31 pm

Ive heard really good things about this movie. The real question is though, how many KFC buckets?
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:26 pm

I watched this movie on the plane heading back from Europe. Had never heard of it. After watching it I figured it was some straight to DVD thing.
Funny you say that, I feel like I could have easily come away feeling like that. It was bugging me why I liked the movie so much but at the same time thought it was stupid. IMDBs rating has dropped since public release it was around 8.2 when I downloaded it, its now on 7. I take from that people are not getting what they expected, and leaving confused. I could see this being a classic for students to study.
Bash
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:17 pm

Re: [Movie] Snowpiercer (2014)

I watched this last night. I really enjoyed it. When it started, I thought it was going to be an obvious allegory film, but it turned into a not-so-obvious intelligent allegory film! Definitely very dark and Terry-Gilliamesque in places (one of the main characters is called Gilliam), but also funny and entertaining.
dumbo
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:40 pm

Brazil or Magorium Gilliam?
punk
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:46 pm

Brazil imo
Bash
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:31 pm

Wilford: "Nice"
:wink:
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:16 pm

Just downloaded, this actually looks pretty cool. Though haven't heard a thing about it.
KraKen
bittah

Yahoo Messenger: friend
AOL: suck
[ignore]

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:37 pm

Watched it tonight... definitely have to go in with some major suspension of disbelief but I was definitely not bored.
I don't even know where to begin to rate it though... liked it more than I disliked, but I don't know how I could explain it to someone if I wanted to recommend it.
ColonelBlair

[ignore]