- Will Fear and Hate conquer Trust and Love?
- Following on from the previous movie, the human race has been massively thinned out by "simian flu" and now only a few pockets of humans (might) have survived
- The movie actually opens by introducing the apes, who have established their own home in a forest and have a well-established heirarchy with Caesar and his family firmly at the top, with a second-in-command Koba who hates humans for what they have done to him in captivity
- They are beginning to learn English and starting to speak
- While out hunting, Caesar's son and a friend (Ash) encounter a human (Carver) who shoots Ash (not killing him though)
- The small gang of humans who are with this person (including Malcolm and his son) rally around him, and a standoff occurs with Caesar and the apes barking for them to leave (before they get killed)
- Back at the human camp, we find out the humans there (led by Dreyfus) are running out of power, and they need to restart the hydroelectric plant near the ape camp in order to survive
- Caesar and the gang show up to warn the humans to stay away from their home in order to keep the peace
- Therefore since they have now been effectively shut out of the area the humans now face a tough choice
- Malcolm and a small group go to the ape camp to plead with them to get access to the plant before the rest of the humans arrive with guns to take the plant by force
- The movie then turns into a bit of a battle between Koba / Dreyfus vs Caesar / Malcolm over who trusts who the least / most
- With a bit of feels between Malcolm / son / Ellie and Caesar / son thrown in for good measure
- Will there be war?
- Apes are really well done. Andy Serkis might piss off animators but he sells the character of Caesar. He (and the other actors) really give the apes their own demeanor.
- Action scenes are quite entertaining
- 3D is pointless
- How did Malcolm know Caesar's name initially? I don't recall it being said to him beforehand... minor gripe in the scheme of things...
- By the end of the movie
4 KFC buckets out of 5