bittah.com!~ [Movie] Her [2013]

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Reviews / 

Moderators: Deepjay, Sotha, Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:59 am

[Movie] Her [2013]

Highly recommend this. The whole concept is great as it seems inevitable. It is essentially the singularity but following a natural humanistic storyline, not in the typical vein of killer ai.
Bash
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:29 am

Assume the rest of the review is coming?
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:39 am

Sounds a bit similar to "Be Right Back", an episode of Black Mirror where the main characters husband dies and her sister (or friend, can't remember) encourages her to try this new service which goes through a persons social media history (and whatever else is found online about them) to recreate their persona using some ultra advanced AI. Then it will SMS & call, etc.
Thought that episode was pretty damn good.
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:43 am

Lol oh gawd
XU1 .online
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:45 am

Lol oh gawd
Yes? It's a review forum. If you're unsure what that entails, read this: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=21308

*edit - and seriously though Bash - plonk a bit more detail in there please - reference that thread if you want. Reviews have meat on their bones, there's plenty of other forum locations for single line opinions etc. Not expecting a masterpiece, just some more detailed impressions and some why's to back them up etc.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:08 pm

it's just weird and creepy
kinda boring but that's expected from a chick flick
deadpixel
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:18 am

We’ll always be together, together in electric dreams, etc
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:13 am

Slightly more in depth review...

http://takimag.com/article/her_a_two_ho ... z2qRB8TIqK
And I have the nagging suspicion that Her is not really the profound relationship movie that critics unanimously think it is. Perhaps instead it’s more an intentionally dweeby satire on its niche audience, an expensive prank on the Stuff White People Like crowd.
Interesting take on it.
KFC

[ignore]

Post » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:45 pm

aren't profound movies usually subtle? in 'her' there wasn't much room for a message between the futuristic grampa pants and fucking their monkey branching bitch operating systems which by itself was quite entertaining. i guess we need a 4th law of robotics or something.
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:59 am

i realy like both the main actors in this, but i dont think i can watch it without rolling my eyes. ive read about a million scifi short storys about ai and man falling in love that i dont realy think its going to be annything new to me.
TOMbombadill
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:17 pm

Just watched this tonight. Enjoyed it, but was hard to get to the level of 'suspension of disbelief' required. The lack of any explanation of how the OS achieved this level of personification kinda bugged me, even though I guess it wouldn't really add anything to the story being told.

As mentioned in this thread earlier there was an episode of Black Mirror which did something similar, and they had a good explanation on how it all worked, and it was more believable as it wasn't as flawless. I could believe that something like that might be possible. I didn't quite get there to the same level with 'Her'. Just seemed more like a quirky phone/one way video skype romance with the occasional oddity thrown in. Didn't hate it, don't regret watching it, just wasn't sold on it.

6.5/10
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:29 pm

I can't help but feel sorry for the bloke, he got seriously gypped when they were handing out parts of ScarJo. Who looks at her and thinks "Damn, I'd really like to get my hands on her voice and personality"?
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:09 am

me..... use your imagination bongo.
Bash
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]