bittah.com!~ [Movie] Bad Grandpa (2013)

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Reviews / 

Moderators: Deepjay, Sotha, Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:54 pm

[Movie] Bad Grandpa (2013)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MSrAwfagG4[/youtube]

Congratulations, you pretty much just watched the entire movie. "Plot" is Johnny Knoxville going from set piece to set piece fishing for laughs.

There are a few funny moments in this
Spoiler: Show
dancing at the strip club for example
some lame moments
stupid "will you be my Dad?" section with the kid walking around the streets
and one almost sinister moment
the "Dad" looking like he was about to get killed by a bunch of angry bikers
Unfortunately given I'd seen 95% of the footage already it was a bit meh.

2 out of 5 KFC buckets. Probably a bit better if you're entirely smashed / stoned... or hadn't watched the trailer...
KFC
bittah, jaded, anti social freak
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:10 pm

Re: [Movie] Bad Grandpa (2013)

Thanks you just saved me a ticket. VICE have been doing various thinly veiled promo bits (behind the scenes etc) on this for ages but they started to wear a bit thin (repetitive).

eg: [youtube]http://m.youtube.com/?v=gDhbpZmhMC4[/youtube]

The trailer was pretty funny, but I hate it when all the best bits are condensed into 60sec...an increasing trend it seems these days :(
Iscariot

[ignore]

Post » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:50 am

This is the sort of thing I often dub 'Painful humour', as in its mildly amusing but you spend the entire time cringing.

Otherwise known as shit humour.

When its about people fucking up other peoples day its not really humour as much as it filming someone being a cunt.

Whilst my words are quite strong, I don't completely disapprove of the genre as I've had a few good laughs with Borat for example; at times it can be hilarious. On the whole it's not something I prefer to watch. Having watched the trailer I think this is a bit too much on the 'cunt' side of humour. I think its done better when its a bit more light hearted.

Not that I'm judging anybody's taste in film.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:07 am

I enjoyed it, but I would recommend seeing it with some mates on Tightarse Tuesday after a few drinks.

EDIT: But yeah, the trailers spoil everything - except the bikies. That was gold.
Rougey
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:17 am

This is the sort of thing I often dub 'Painful humour', as in its mildly amusing but you spend the entire time cringing.

Otherwise known as shit humour.

When its about people fucking up other peoples day its not really humour as much as it filming someone being a cunt.

Whilst my words are quite strong, I don't completely disapprove of the genre as I've had a few good laughs with Borat for example; at times it can be hilarious. On the whole it's not something I prefer to watch. Having watched the trailer I think this is a bit too much on the 'cunt' side of humour. I think its done better when its a bit more light hearted.

Not that I'm judging anybody's taste in film.
Yeah, people who like these sorts of films are generally cunts
dumbo
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:33 am

people who like these sorts of films are generally cunts
I enjoyed it
Rule proven
<3 rougay

The old shit like jackass tv series, viva la bam etc, when they were in their 20's and just fucking with each other/some public shock value was entertaining enough, later stuff is just tired
jazzymcsleazy
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:08 pm

Confirming massive cunt here.

To be fair, the film has it's moments - it's classic American slapstick & shock for the most part, witless and lacking subtlety, but occasionally it steps up from the cringe worthy pranks and you wind up with a scene that is much more nuanced.

There is a good amount Baron Cohen esq satire bordering on the absurd or macabre, primarily around the funeral, exchanges with the father and the Toddlers in Tiaras competition. Basically all the scenes where the clueless public are not being acted upon but rather observing the pair are golden - sadly these are all swiftly followed up by cheep nut shots and/or Knoxville mercilessly hitting on women.

Get drunk and or stoned before seeing it, I probably wouldn't see it in cinemas unless you can get enough people together so that you hit critical mass and manage to find most of it funny (laughter is infectious), but if you're having some mates over for a BBQ go for it.
Rougey
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]