bittah.com!~ [Movie] Battlestar Galatica: The Plan (2009)

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Reviews / 

Moderators: Deepjay, Sotha, Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:26 am

[Movie] Battlestar Galatica: The Plan (2009)

As a long standing fan of the series, I was recently made aware of The Plan as a television film released after the completion of the four seasons of BSG.

The Plan depicts the two paths taken by the Cabal on Galactica, and the Cabal with the rebels on Caprica. The motivations of the cyclons, their original attack and the some of the many unexplained occurrences throughout the seasons are fleshed out. What you see is the progession of the final five, and the break down of the cyclons aboard Galatica as they pursue their mission to destroy humanity.

We go through the initial attack, then into parts of season one (33 minutes), the 6 who claims that Baltar is a traitor and a particular focus on Boomer 8 as she switches between knowing shes a cyclon and then thinking shes human again (I found this story arc to be a sad story). The links continue until late season 3, finishing with words from Cabal from season 4.

A very broad outline but its the sort of film that would require far too many words to explain in full. It's a focus on the cyclons with the underlying concept of 'understanding the plan'.

You could not watch this without having seen BSG first.

Overall it was a good watch and an interesting one, but as a television film I felt like it was unfulfilling. You won't leave feeling like a plot point was specifically satisfied, but more along the lines of 'Ah some things make sense now, ok cool.'

3.75/5 (nearly a four but I'm worried that my fanboy glasses are clouding my judgement)

This feels like a terribly written review because it is very difficult to explain the film. My intention is to bring this film to the attention of those who may have enjoyed BSG but was not aware there was more to see.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:34 pm

haven't seen this, but after recently re-watching some eps I may give it a go now that it's all a bit fresher
ColonelBlair
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:06 pm

I don't recall ever hearing about this till now.

PS: typo in your title.
Duff5000
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:09 am

If you never heard of The Plan, you probably never heard of Blood and Chrome, either.
It's a prequel to the series with new actors playing much younger versions of themselves in the series during the first Cylon war. It's worth a watch if you like the series, I guess. Nothing really outstanding about it though.

There's also Caprica but it's the T:V of BSG.
Seraphic
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:21 am

Also Razor:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0991178/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Meant to be watched after season 3 I believe
ColonelBlair

[ignore]