bittah.com!~ [Movie] This Is The End (2013)

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Reviews / 

Moderators: Deepjay, Sotha, Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:21 am

[Movie] This Is The End (2013)

A bunch of actors get together for a house party and the world suddenly goes to shit around them. The Green Goblin, the guy who played Mike D in that beastie boys music video that was redone recently, like three of the dudes from Tropic Thunder who I've never seen in any other movie yet are supposed to be famous comedy actors, and some other cunt who was apparently in superbad or something now have to survive in this hellish landscape.

This movie is extremely well made, more then enough money was thrown at set design and special effects, but the writing is unfortunately not up to par. Most of the 'jokes' in the film barely manage to be amusing, never actually enough to make you laugh. The story about what has happened to the world and why it has happened gets neatly tied up in a way that is utterly dull, I mean the entire joke there is "look at how silly what's happening on the screen is! We're so wacky!" and that's literally the last 25 minutes of the film.

2/5 worth downloading if you really need to kill one and a half hours.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:45 pm

I guess you didn't get the humour because you didn't realise all the characters played themselves. Hence all the personal jokes and interactions. Anyway how the fuk do you not know who those people are? the lineup is huge and awesome!

10/10 Comedy popcorn flick, had me laughing as hard as a movie can make you laugh.
Bash
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:38 pm

I guess you didn't get the humour because you didn't realise all the characters played themselves. Hence all the personal jokes and interactions. Anyway how the fuk do you not know who those people are? the lineup is huge and awesome!

10/10 Comedy popcorn flick, had me laughing as hard as a movie can make you laugh.
QFT
MetalSutton
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:09 am

Saw it earlier, enjoyed a few moments but for most of the sections between the big gags I drifted off and started doing other shit.
LoliLoveFart
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:43 am

it was mostly the cast from pineapple express wasn't it ? I found it pretty funny.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:29 am

No, no I got that. I just don't think "hey, did you know that we're very immature people" is some kind of hilarious joke. It CAN be if it's played off well, but I don't think it was.

I don't ever remember / bother to even read the names of the people who acted in or directed a movie, unless they're some kind of huge joke like M. Night or can't act for shit like Nick Cage
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:47 am

It's more that they (and Hollywood as a whole) are petty, vain, vindictive and shallow people.

It's a piss take, but sadly it's an American piss take so when compared to the Monty Python line up it's pretty piss weak.

6.5/10

The .5 is for Channing Tatum
Rougey
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:12 pm

The .5 is for Channing Tatum
The Channing Tatum scene is going to stay with me for quite a while. Honestly I did enjoy it. I mean
Spoiler: Show
Jonah Hill being titfucked by a demon was a soild 10
LoliLoveFart
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:37 pm

I'm not a big Seth Rogan & his buddies comedy fan, but I'd heard good things about this and watched it with a bunch of friends last night.
Most people liked it, and I did find some parts pretty funny... but geez more than half of those guys are horrible actors, even in a comedic sense...

I just think they could've done a lot more with it. The end sequence was pretty lol though

6/10
ColonelBlair
bittah, jaded, anti social freak
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:48 pm

I enjoyed it. The Michael Cera bits killed, Hermione was awesome, and the "I'll cum where I want" argument had me tearing up (in fact all the McBride bits were good imo).

And I didn't think I could fall any deeper in love with Rihanna, but there ya go.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:41 pm

i like most of thos actors ( favs being the black dude and danni mcbride, michal cerra made me lol ) but i find they improve to much in there films and aits never as good as a solid script. good movie, not as good as' thats my boy' but solid. now to watch the other armageddon comedy and compare it to this. i have a feeling the brits will do it better.
TOMbombadill
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:28 pm

New eastbound and down (mcbride) is ridiculously funny.
Bash
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:33 am

Re: [Movie] This Is The End (2013)

I love Arrested Development, and as a result Michael Cera, but everything I've seen him in since is basically the same type of acting (awkward-funny) - he is as one dimensional as Adam Sandler (or in far worse, older times, Pauly Shaw).

Please tell me he has found a new arrow for his bow?
Iscariot

[ignore]

Post » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:07 pm

I love Arrested Development, and as a result Michael Cera, but everything I've seen him in since is basically the same type of acting (awkward-funny) - he is as one dimensional as Adam Sandler (or in far worse, older times, Pauly Shaw).

Oh man, you ain't gonna believe what you see.

Keep in mind that they are all playing parodies of themselves at a party. Think "hookers and blow" guy.

I'm not even a fan of his but his bits were some of the best in the movie.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:10 pm

Yeah I'd gotten the same impression, but he managed to change it up a bit in this movie, was probably the least unfunny part of the film.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI_Yjb0877g[/youtube]
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:53 pm

Oh man, you ain't gonna believe what you see.

Keep in mind that they are all playing parodies of themselves at a party. Think "hookers and blow" guy.

I'm not even a fan of his but his bits were some of the best in the movie.
Yeah, he went completely the opposite of his typecast.
Rougey
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:36 pm

Yeah I'd gotten the same impression, but he managed to change it up a bit in this movie, was probably the least unfunny part of the film.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI_Yjb0877g[/youtube]
Awesome - I'll have to check it out. Cheers :D
Iscariot

[ignore]

Post » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:26 pm

this movie is fucking awful and rarely funny
deadpixel
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:16 am

Noted, but I'll probably watch it (free) just to see Cera find a new dimension to his acting /fanboi
Iscariot

[ignore]