bittah.com!~ [Movie] Kick Ass 2 (2013)

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Reviews / 

Moderators: Deepjay, Sotha, Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:47 pm

[Movie] Kick Ass 2 (2013)

Story
- Standard Good guys vs Bad guys / "you killed my Father, prepare to die" movie
- Seems to shift between Kick Ass and Hit Girl hanging up their boots... then coming back... then leaving... why not just have a movie about them both teaming up from the start? Felt a lot like plot padding more than anything else...
- Weird "who am I / why can't I be normal" arc for Hit Girl which just felt awkward / like more padding
- Weird love arc for Kick Ass which is supposed to make us care more for the new characters but didn't really do anything for me
- Some cliche Watchmen-esque "people in masks did bad things therefore all mask wearers are bad" moments

Pros
- Action scenes were quite entertaining, except the first one in the alley which was rather weak. Not quite sure about the level of violence being as bad as Jim Carrey seemed to make out...
- Some funny bits (but many of the jokes fell flat)
- When it finally took shape the development of the relationship between Hit Girl and Kick Ass was good to see

Cons
- If you've watched the trailer you've seen 99% of the one-liners
- Other characters are pretty disposable... especially Jim Carrey... wasn't invested in them nearly as heavily as the dynamic between Big Daddy and Hit Girl in the first movie
- Effects were bad... almost to the point where I couldn't really take them seriously... especially the blood... looked like a high school animator did it
- Fucking social networking overuse / technobabble still... my God it was nauseating how many times they mentioned posting to Twitter/ Youtube / tracing IPs etc

Was in the mood for a silly movie and this one fit the bill. Not quite as good as the first overall imo, but found it entertaining. 2.5-3 KFC buckets out of 5.

There's a stinger after the credits too. Bit lame...
Spoiler: Show
After falling into the tank and getting "eaten" by the shark apparently Chris didn't die... and is shown in a hospital bed minus legs / dick (apparently) trying to drink some water. Pretty stupid twist... for Kick Ass 3? Why?
KFC
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:53 pm

- Fucking social networking overuse / technobabble still... my God it was nauseating how many times they mentioned posting to Twitter/ Youtube / tracing IPs etc
But did the computers all beep and fwoosh and plink constantly?
punk
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:27 pm

Did they use a mouse?
Lambda
calm

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:37 pm

Computers?

:yellow_laugh:

Was mainly smartphones... computers are so 2010...
KFC

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:00 pm

Did they hack the mainframe by rapidly typing on a keyboard?
shikarri
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:02 am

Not quite as bad as "it's a Unix system, I know this" or "I'll create a GUI interface using Visual Basic" but there are a couple of facepalm-worthy lines in there.

The social networking was way worse in this one tbh. To the point where I think they were almost trying to imply how good a superhero / villain you were directly correlated to likes on Facebook. Just gets silly.
KFC

[ignore]

Post » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:50 am

Not quite as bad as "it's a Unix system, I know this" or "I'll create a GUI interface using Visual Basic" but there are a couple of facepalm-worthy lines in there.

The social networking was way worse in this one tbh. To the point where I think they were almost trying to imply how good a superhero / villain you were directly correlated to likes on Facebook. Just gets silly.

I, TWITTERTRON HAVE MORE FOLLOWERS THAN YOU WILL EVER DREAM OF 4CHAN-CHAN. PREPARE FOR THE FULL POWER OF MY MINDLESS FOLLOWERS.
Lambda
calm

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:24 am

Man, fuck that technobabble. The sexism in this movie is totally cool, though.
Monk
bittah

[ignore]