I thought the movie was terrible.
- Plods along REALLY slowly for the first hour or so
- The rich have fled the Earth to go live on Halo which has machines that cure all diseases
- Will Hunting is a down and out loser from downtown Boston who has big dreams of... oh wait... Max is a down and out loser from Los Angeles who has big dreams of getting to Elysium but has settled into a burnout job in a factory
- *insert plot device*
- Max must become Robocop and do whatever he can to get to Elysium in 5 days
- And save humanity... and help his childhood friend... and her kid...
- Not bad, but found it a little cliche at times (e.g. Beethoven's Pathetique playing in the background when introducing John Carlyle)
- Below average... especially Sharlto's overacting...
Plot holes / bits that pissed me off
- Didn't really give a shit about any of the characters... they were so dry... even Matt Damon's friend who gets killed (after going to great lengths to point out how they were going to be fine etc etc) didn't really bother me
- Millions of STD-ridden plebs needing medical attention? Send in the drones... 1 high ranking citizen shot in the chest? Zero fucks given...
- How was Max's shitty biosuit even close to being a match for Kruger?
- 3 refugee ships (won't someone think of the children) try to get to Elysium? Blow them to hell. 1 dodgy ass ship full of armed plebs later in the film? They'll be fine.
Get it on DVD if you must.