bittah.com!~ View topic - something I just realised

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

General discussion on off-topic material

Moderator: Super Moderators

Post » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:00 pm

something I just realised

Bittah was founded in 2002.
It is now 2017.
I was born in 1988.

That means I've spent over half my f*****g life on bittah :shock:

Shakey-Lo
It's not Down Syndrome .... honest!

[ignore]

Post » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:46 pm

......and Dynamix released Starsiege:Tribes in November 30, 1998 (when you were 10 years old!!) and Tribes 2 in March 2001!!...then Irrational f****d it up in October 5, 2004 (didn't realize it was that early) and HiRez followed suit in April 12, 2012........5 years ago!!! :shock:

Riker
bittah Police
bittah Police

[ignore]

Post » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:47 pm

Still a few more years before it's half my life on bittah... but I prob got onto tribes early '99 I'm guessing so tribing has been part of my life in some way for half my life.

ColonelBlair
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:56 pm

I also got into tribes in '99 (I was in primary school) so I'm longgg past that milestone

Shakey-Lo

[ignore]

Post » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:45 pm

Thankfully i was born much earlier therefore i dont have your same issue. But i do have the being old issue.

Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:36 pm

Riker Wrote: Irrational f****d it up in October 5, 2004

Still no idea why they made a singleplayer. AI was barely competent in 2 axis on the ground in f.e.a.r, now you give them jetpacks? I kinda wonder what the members of dynamix are up too now
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:19 pm

wow haha

Vital
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:56 am

philmarcracken Wrote:
Riker Wrote: Irrational f****d it up in October 5, 2004

Still no idea why they made a singleplayer. AI was barely competent in 2 axis on the ground in f.e.a.r, now you give them jetpacks? I kinda wonder what the members of dynamix are up too now

T2's "single player" aka tutorial-and-a-half was pretty charming truth be told.
Monk
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:48 pm

A couple of things people made that were pretty fun.

One was a single player game you could add into t2 (even choosing the ping range you wanted) where they would sling bots in an arc at increasing speeds and you'd kill them with headshots. So you'd try and get as many kills/hits as you could outta 20 or w/e. It was kinda broken if you loaded it in classic and no one ever redid it for classic gravity.

Another was hilarious. It was called robo-route. You could make up to 16 players on the enemy team in any map and record recycling routes for them and save them. So you could have an HO train coming through and then cappers....random nade spammers...w/e and they would just do the same **** over and over and any you kiled just restarted from where they began adding some variation in. you could also set ping and PL parameters. I remember ZProtoss. Had like 5 cappers running routes and 10 HO all named Trem_r and he would just practise ramming them....had a demo...f**k it was funny...you could set the voice...armour, skin...w/e of all the bots you created. Some back capping...some running loops. I would practise lancing and I never could hit a barn door lol. :)

|A3|
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:57 pm

Never heard of that, sounds good for practising though :)

ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:20 pm

|A3| Wrote:A couple of things people made that were pretty fun.

One was a single player game you could add into t2 (even choosing the ping range you wanted) where they would sling bots in an arc at increasing speeds and you'd kill them with headshots. So you'd try and get as many kills/hits as you could outta 20 or w/e. It was kinda broken if you loaded it in classic and no one ever redid it for classic gravity.

Another was hilarious. It was called robo-route. You could make up to 16 players on the enemy team in any map and record recycling routes for them and save them. So you could have an HO train coming through and then cappers....random nade spammers...w/e and they would just do the same **** over and over and any you kiled just restarted from where they began adding some variation in. you could also set ping and PL parameters. I remember ZProtoss. Had like 5 cappers running routes and 10 HO all named Trem_r and he would just practise ramming them....had a demo...f**k it was funny...you could set the voice...armour, skin...w/e of all the bots you created. Some back capping...some running loops. I would practise lancing and I never could hit a barn door lol. :)

Yeah I remember downloading something like that and setting simping to 200 so I could practise MA'ing and just general high-ping aim lol. Heap of good it did me...
Monk
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:35 am

Skypoints! :P
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:17 pm

philmarcracken Wrote:

Skypoints! :P

I dunno...they were pretty boring imho. Fun, I suppose, when you found you could get gens that other teams thought were impenetrable with spam. But I never remember LRS being anything but a boring necessity.
|A3|
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:26 pm

LRS was horrible... sure you could do it without scripts and if you practised enough you could find the rights spots without them... but it was a lot harder to remember each one. I never used them.

ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:36 am

Deepjay Wrote:Thankfully i was born much earlier therefore i dont have your same issue. But i do have the being old issue.

I'm Hearing yah Deepjay. I must be the grandfather of all the tribes community.
practor
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:31 am

It's funny that most of the guys I remember playing tribes 1 with are all around my age (27-35) whereas it seems like t2 got all you oldies. :P

PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:21 pm

I was 30 when starseige was released :p figure that **** out babycakes :D

|A3|
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:41 pm

|A3| Wrote:I was 30 when starseige was released :p figure that **** out babycakes :D

I'm going to go with 48 A3. I was 34 figure that out
practor
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:42 pm

practor Wrote:
|A3| Wrote:I was 30 when starseige was released :p figure that **** out babycakes :D

Okay, you got me dead to rights... As for you... okay... I know I'm f****d, so that makes you f****d with bells on...52... Jesus H christ... You win:p
|A3|
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:18 pm

|A3| Wrote:
practor Wrote:

Okay, you got me dead to rights... As for you... okay... I know I'm f****d, so that makes you f****d with bells on...52... Jesus H christ... You win:p

Still F****ing young at heart my friend. Gym five times a week and cuddles with my girl 14 years younger and playing online games with you Moffo's keep me young.
practor
annoyed

[ignore]