bittah.com!~ Something totally different - longsword fencing

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Safe House / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now

Midair

Playing now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:14 pm

Something totally different - longsword fencing

So after too long in martial arts I decided to start doing weapons a few years ago and wound up finding HEMA (historical european martial arts), competition HEMA is like full contact with weapons and limited grappling (there isn't much MMA involved but you can use that stuff if you can). I chose it over kendo, kenjutsu, kali etc as its harder contact with less limited rule sets and lots of different weapons if you want to go down that path. I only compete with longsword though...its good fun. here are some clips -
Fun sport and good martial art if u into that thing though its full of nerdy fat cunts
whitewhale
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:21 pm

That's pretty interesting, though would like to see some prolonged movie style engagements. I guess the reality of these things is dead in a few shots.

You should get into jousting next. I was watching doco on tv the other week - these guys who get into full armour and properly joust and holy shit did one guy get fucked up when dehorsed, even with the lance impacting his shield it basically crumpled his helmet a bit so he couldnt get it off initially, his face freely bleeding etc.

Ah medieval fun.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:55 pm

Shakey-Lo
It's not Down Syndrome .... honest!
It's not Down Syndrome .... honest!

[ignore]

Post » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Those jousting dudes are pretty crazy, it costs a fortune and the risk of injury is really high

I kinda like that this isnt in medieval armour and stuff as its a bit too hardcore nerd for me, sometimes there are pretty long exchanges but they usually end in double hits (which happen a lot especially with nubs)

There is a thing called battle of the nations which is in armour with a more reenactment look but its crazy dangerous and ends up like a wild melee between 2 teams
I like the fencing masks etc more but this is pretty nuts
whitewhale

[ignore]

Post » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:42 am

ps. i think the combat in For Honor would make you spooge
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:07 pm

This looks very chivalry but pretty good
whitewhale

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:36 pm

That looks pretty cool. Different types of swords require different techniques to use. For instance a Broadsword is mainly hacking away trying to cleave the opponent and a Katana (my fav) is either stab (with the tip), slash (with the sharp end) and block (with the blunt end). I love Katanas!
RaVPup
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:00 am

Shit, Whale, those vids look kinda brutal. :) I don't know anything about HEMA or medieval fighting ( or, indeed, fighting at all ), but I do enjoy watching Battle Of The Nations. Jeff Galli, from Team USA, is a frikken' boss; check out his block here at 22.30 at the World Champs, 2015 ( Polearms 1 v 1 ). Hmmm, now, how me embed.....
Booster
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:56 am

You know you want to...

Horntastic parry animations
https://gfycat.com/BetterPoisedCaecilian
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:25 pm

Yeah, I clocked getting into the medieval sword fighting side, but the start up cost is ~$500 for gauntlets, helmet, sword minimum, then eventually buy more armour / clothing, one Day

If you dwell in Sydney they are these to checkout

https://www.facebook.com/BlacktownCityMedievalFayre/
^^ The most family friendly with entertainment for all and its Free

http://ironfest.net/
^Haven't been and can't make it to this years, but has a lot of glowing reviews

http://winterfest.com.au
^Under whelming, kids miss out on entertainment, felt ripped off, this was 2 years ago

http://www.stivesmedievalfaire.com.au/
^Haven't been, but has entertainment for the family
MikHail
bittah

[ignore]