bittah.com!~ OMGHI2UIRL

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Safe House / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:05 pm

OMGHI2UIRL

VGH, VGTR.

Long time no see folks. How are you all?

How is midair looking? Are any of my old ohmbre's playing it? Any general consensus on it?

Anyway...shall trawl through the forums and catch up a little... And I was shocked and amazed to see Hob is still hosting some of my old t2 demo collection and also has the entire TWL stuff sitting there. I found an old DVD with around 4 gigs of T2 demos (and no, it's not identical to the stuff I upped to Hobs site). If anyone is still interested in them perhaps I'll movie some up or whatevs. Have all the ohm stuff from many POV's (Classic mostly as I dumped a lot of base stuff mainly out of shame :p) Have some stuff that isn't on hobbs database from other (US/EU) people & bits and pieces from /X/, |Bittah|, exiled, AE etc..

Lots of peeps ask me why I only have Ohm stuff and american stuff...well, tbh, the truth is I only really ever got stuff from people I had a personal connection with or those who were willing to share. As my team was playing many other teams at the time, I know I got various players in trouble (!) for getting them to release demos to see what our side did well or what didn't work...Or just for FUN. I mean not many people had the time to actually analyse particular strats (we did, a little...when possible) and for someone like me other than saying what I'd perceived to Hawk or Mojo from watching other matches on various maps, that's where it pretty much ended. I think what worked for ohm was a basic acceptance of losing but a commitment to always improve and to work on communication and flag/asset focus always (in that order). I have watched other teams and the blaming and general tears would make playing pretty miserable (especially for those players that were deemed to have failed) in certain cases. We usually had fun except the time when we lost to AvA in base and Lin was so aggrieved he was gonna quit :D

Anyway, I digress, post if yr interested or if you wanna see if I have a demo you want that you think you may have given me or a match you wanna see from another pov just pm me. Lol...I wonder how many of you even have t2 actually installed ?:D I am guessing 5 to 10 of you :p
|A3|
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

Yahoo Messenger: A3YrOldGirl
[ignore]

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:33 pm

OMGHI2U!! Ohmies for lyfe!!

I think I am the only Ohmbre playing Midair (unless mojojojo is smurfing again!!), and the only Aussie that got into the Private Testers program.
Midair is a lot better that T:A ever was and is fun to play. The game is just about to release into Alpha, you need to put your name forward for 1 of the 10 Alpha keys TylerMarket is 'giving'(or ''''random drawing'''' as he says ;) ) to the Aussies :D
Riker
bittah Police
bittah Police

[ignore]

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:38 pm

Way to go Rikes. I'd better go do that then. And look at buying a vidcard and putting a box together so I dont need to try and play on my current pos. The vids look good. If its up to scratch I hope they market it.
|A3|
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:25 pm

You need to get into Discord....that's the new IRC and where we hang out and give NastyHobbit shit :P

https://discord.gg/ScruZ <-----that's the invite :)
Riker
bittah Police
bittah Police

[ignore]

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:29 pm

sup a3!

a dvd of treasures you say. whats your upload speed like these days? :wink:
Nasty Hobbit
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:53 pm

sup?
liinwaan

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:03 am

Hi Guys :D Nice to see a few of you around. Still miss our good times, especially when I'm playing some pos fps that has no teamwork and no skills beyond ping popping. I need to build a new rig for this "midair" lark and hope we can get some good times happening. Isn't it bizarre that since T2 there hasn't been a game, of a similar type, with the same massive learning curve? I think Ascend was ok, but it wasn't exactly a step forward to me. It was just a little eye candy and no real improvements. Here's crossing my fingers for midair :)

Hobz...It's probably around 50-100 demos that aren't with the stuff I upped to you. In particular ohm pov stuff, a few of mine (which I was too ashamed to upload before) and other players from our clan that gave me stuff. There's also some older stuff from guys like harn, bdk, Madrabbit, cham etc... from the US TWL. I have a little bit of exiled stuff (camo, xarg, burticus and so on), a few of soulfires, merts, meats, shazzas and grinches from /X/...But thats about it. It's not that I cherry picked, its just that with the competition in full swing many clans had a "no demos to opponents" policy...so inevitably my folder contained mainly ohm stuff, public releases from a few other clans and overseas stuff as players were more willing to share with me as a foreigner than they would be locally. For example, I probably have the surreal IA vs Rapture matches from nearly every pov lol...whereas our own top ladder matches people were less likely to share...especially if they lost (the teamchat tears are gold and not for outside consumption :D). So yeah, my connection is very good (Ultra Fast BB, unlimited) so I can give you whatever u like. BTW, what do you use for capturing demos? I have fucked around with bandicam but I can't get a working serial and it limits to 10mins without one. And lmao at the size. I did 10 mins at hi-def/60fps and it was 20gb!!!! LAWL. What's the right software, iyeo (in your expert opinion)?
|A3|
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:34 pm

Hey A3 - funny you should ask that now - I was just trialling uploading a 4K @ 60FPS T2 demo to Youtube

Came out at about 22gb for about half an hour (but a lot longer than your clip you mentioned)

I just picked the video at random.. in hindsight I should've picked a shorter one for my test.. It took a day and a half to upload.
I was contemplating the idea of moving my demo collection to youtube but I'm going to need a much bigger upload speed to make 4K viable. Might stick to 1080p
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:11 pm

Re: OMGHI2UIRL

It was recorded using nvidia shadowplay.
Forgot I had sound muted, but doesn't matter, was just a test anyway

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:26 pm

a3, can i get a copy of anything you haven't already uploaded to files.nastyhobbit.org. i'll pm you some ftp details ^_^ so far i've uploaded 50% of the TWL archive, i've been staggering it so my host doesn't see a huge spike. once the whole thing is there i can start identifying which teams are which teamID and rebuilding the database. got a few aus teams marked already.

re: capture
yeah shadowplay is built into all modern nvidia cards. amd cards have something similar too. it's something we wouldve killed for during t2. there's no performance loss and at any time you can say "make a recording of the last 5 minutes". or you can just press record on/off.

cb, at 22GB worth you'd wanna sort the chat window out too ;) uberChat.vl2 sure is glitchy for demo playbacks. i think it only works on the first demo per game launch. when i play a second demo it'd put the background back in. but it is do-able, for prosperity etc
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:09 pm

a3, can i get a copy of anything you haven't already uploaded to files.nastyhobbit.org. i'll pm you some ftp details ^_^ so far i've uploaded 50% of the TWL archive, i've been staggering it so my host doesn't see a huge spike. once the whole thing is there i can start identifying which teams are which teamID and rebuilding the database. got a few aus teams marked already.

re: capture
yeah shadowplay is built into all modern nvidia cards. amd cards have something similar too. it's something we wouldve killed for during t2. there's no performance loss and at any time you can say "make a recording of the last 5 minutes". or you can just press record on/off.

cb, at 22GB worth you'd wanna sort the chat window out too ;) uberChat.vl2 sure is glitchy for demo playbacks. i think it only works on the first demo per game launch. when i play a second demo it'd put the background back in. but it is do-able, for prosperity etc
Yeah I'd like to sort out those HUD issues before doing a big youtube conversion... Also I'm having an issue where the game crashes whenever I (or anyone in a recording) go into a vehicle station.
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:18 am

I got this quality at under 100 megs...but the sound drivers are borked it seems. I have F5 reset to restart sound drivers but they make this popping and screeching...I'll see if I can get some better drivers...the quality isn't high but good enough to see a match vid-wise. Will play about some more. I used to use uberchat but modified a very small chathud by a guy called wils (euro i think). Very simple. I have no crashing issues except on certain maps.

Experiment1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uly_DPRpnUI

|A3|
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:50 am

capturing the desktop instead of just the tribes window should help with crashes.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:44 pm

capturing the desktop instead of just the tribes window should help with crashes.
Sorted it out... Reinstalled tribes next and made a few tweaks.

Sound popping I believe could be fixed by setting priority to multi core CPUs, I'll see if I can find out what it is later

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:47 am

Looking alright...
HUD is crazy small at 4K but at least can get a decent text size for the chat window
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:16 am

Hello - who doesn't miss bittah and tribes.
arabis
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:26 pm

Heya man. LTNS!
RaVPup
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:24 pm

Have updated a swag of demos.If anyone actually watches mine they'll see why I never bothered to upload. However, there are real nuggets in the folders now from allll the ohm stuff and some X and exiled povsn.Also, is AE beating us.....close but fair and square. props. Whatever, there are also some major US demos from harn, bdk,and others.
|A3|
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:46 pm

I got this quality at under 100 megs...but the sound drivers are borked it seems. I have F5 reset to restart sound drivers but they make this popping and screeching...I'll see if I can get some better drivers...the quality isn't high but good enough to see a match vid-wise. Will play about some more. I used to use uberchat but modified a very small chathud by a guy called wils (euro i think). Very simple. I have no crashing issues except on certain maps.

Experiment1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uly_DPRpnUI

To fix the sound issue ctrl-alt-del and find tribes2 in task manager - right click and select 'affinity' then only have it using a single core (eg. CPU0)
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:02 am

Had a thought on IDing TWL stuff....

We can still access TWL ladders through wayback machine... eg. list of Ohm games here:
http://web.archive.org/web/200511010536 ... a=Clan+Ohm

Along the side there's the demo link and shows how many demos uploaded per game.
Each URL for the demos has an id...
eg.
http://web.archive.org/web/200512250038 ... ryid=69767
historyid = 69767 which was a game vs orion
and all the demos associated with that game have their own url ids
http://web.archive.org/web/200509010604 ... moID=14204
DemoID = 14204 (A3 even has a comment in that demo link lol)

So you could probably browse the old archived TWL and then find the game / demo you're after then easily find it in the archive Hobbz is uploading relatively easily.
Would assist with some IDing anyway.
ColonelBlair

[ignore]