bittah.com!~ Bittah all time greatest moments - Page 5

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Safe House / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:44 pm

not one single beer, spliff or even a dart in that photo. disappointing
dose
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:51 pm

And the dude at the front has a foot for a hand and only 1 leg, its freaking me out man!
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:08 am

Haha! I always tear up when I see these old school photos. Seems like it was just yesterday... :D
RaVPup
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:06 pm

This was a bit of a shitstorm...
https://bittah.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6308

People complaining about moderation and the general state of bittah - page 2 jaff is given admin by para and starts deleting sub forums and banning players left and right... plazbot, splite, duckman, wulfius khan, unsurprisingly the community mostly revolts... jaff starts accusing Mert (or Meld?) of having evidence of pre defence turret cheating .. there's flaming going on left and right...
Wow I just had a look at that thread. I enjoy reviewing the epic tears of my 15 year old self. :yellow_laugh:

Pink Inv's was definitely the best. Also I remember a dancing gherkin that I enjoyed.

I am secretly hoping that a tribes like game will come back in VR gaming. 8-)
sp|te
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:46 pm

What the fuck happened to my shirt being half unbuttoned? At least it wasn't off like in Pendle Hill lol.

Wow, that photo, that was at Rob's place in Asquith right?

Was his name Rob? I can't remember his handle (wik? .. wait Wildkat?), i remember he was married young and had a large more english friend who loved turrets.

Definitely had a lot of fun times LANning waaaay back when. Doesn't seem like yesterday but I do recall those times with fondness.

Now that I think back on it Jaff had some trusting parents letting a stranger take their kid away in a car for a few hours and return him. I mean that wasn't when he was 13 anymore but still.
doopy_loopy
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:47 pm

Holy shit that IC passed away and all those other people, that's sobering.
doopy_loopy

[ignore]

Post » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:28 pm

The Pendle Hill LAN was 50degrees, I think Para's system melted or something. Does anyone know who did make the photoshop? My money was/is on DOX.

What struck me about the meme was that I think they photochopped in a different background as well, dunno why you'd do that.

Looking at the LAN photo I think I can name some of those people.

Guy on floor Kronic250 aka Gav
seated. L-R
Hawk, Jayde/Pepsigirl,(me crouched), liinwaan/james, stan/damo, nfi, Vurt/Ben(?), Kiwi bloke from AE started with a C... Carnifex!, ?(dunno)
Standing L-R
?/Sash?, dunnos up to guy in pale blue shirt i want to say Casper? he was super pale, then AccidentProne(AP)/Simon - he lost so much weight it was disorientating, dunno, dunno, Mikhail/ , Nextwish/Geoff, dunno(feel i should know), KingCutter(KC)/?, not sure, dunno, JackLord?? not sure.
doopy_loopy

[ignore]

Post » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:48 am

This was a wikipedia page entry at one point, it's gone now
Strength in Numbers aka +SiN+ was the dominant australasian Tribes 2 team founded by Wulfius Khan in the year 2000.

Background

+SiN+ was founded as a competitive team for the online computer game 'Starsiege: Tribes'in the year 2000. +SiN+ was founded upon the principles of solid teamwork and fair play.

Leadership was transferred from the founder Wulfius Khan to Inspite in 2002.

Competition

+SiN+ remained undefeated in Starsiege: Tribes and their closest rival was MX3.

Upon the release of Tribes 2 +SiN+ shifted across and joined the local Australasian competition.

+SiN+ heavily dominated all competition with the original base release and further dominated all competition with the release of Classic Mod. The team /X/ founded by DOX were a firm rival but never quite came close to knocking +SiN+ off their perch.

+SiN+ went on to compete in Tribes: Vengeance upon its release in 2004 and then onto Battlefield 2. Competition was fierce yet they dominated the Australasian leagues in these games also.

Notable players in their powerful roster were players such as Diab Zero, Kicken and Inspite.

SiN faded into obscurity in 2006 as they retired from all competition.
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:03 am

lol

good fanfic
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Mon May 01, 2017 9:28 am

http://i.imgur.com/xJPPkYD.jpg

Not necessarily one of bittah's all time greatest moments but I do remember playing in this match and thinking it was going to be tough playing the developers considering the game had only been out for a month and this would be iMs first competitive match on the new ladder.

Turned out to be a boilover of epic proportions.
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Mon May 01, 2017 3:46 pm

What the f**k happened to my shirt being half unbuttoned? At least it wasn't off like in Pendle Hill lol.

Wow, that photo, that was at Rob's place in Asquith right?

Was his name Rob? I can't remember his handle (wik? .. wait Wildkat?), i remember he was married young and had a large more english friend who loved turrets.

Definitely had a lot of fun times LANning waaaay back when. Doesn't seem like yesterday but I do recall those times with fondness.

Now that I think back on it Jaff had some trusting parents letting a stranger take their kid away in a car for a few hours and return him. I mean that wasn't when he was 13 anymore but still.
Yeah that was my house, but I'm not in the photo somehow. My big english friend was Quex, you numpty.
Wildkat
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Mon May 01, 2017 10:02 pm

After years of searching for the experience again I've since discovered everything about the T2 competitive days and bittah were the absolute highlight of multiplayer gaming for me. There's just not been anything like it that has been filled with so many different personalities, forum bants, rivalries and just a damn good game to base it all from.

The closet thing I've found was EVE but it was a distant second.

Thoroughly enjoyed those years and still friends with many of the folks I met along the way. The couple of Tribes LANs dirtybird hosted when I moved to Melbourne at 18 were my highlights, meeting the OdT guys drac and dk and the Bris crew spock, nighty, amb, qt and bk too.

I'm trying so hard not to hype myself for Midair because even if the game is great in my head it will fall short without the folks that made the T2 hayday so memorable.

Thanks for the good times and memories folks.
Sarge
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Tue May 02, 2017 3:51 am

My big english friend was Quex, you numpty.
You developed Quex (or he developed himself) into easily the best tactical TM in our game. With exiled and ubertron I never felt like everything was down...ever. No matter how well our offense was rolling and how much effort we poured in the next run the critical shit was back up. Great TM. Hook me up with a good demo of his. Considering I used to only fight static objects (yeah Hofs are static too :)), as I noticed early on that the moving stuff was always hard to hit and LD respawn when they die, he was like an arch Nemesis :p I remember being horrified when /x/ and exiled figured out what the cameras did. :cry: (wish liin had) <3 liin.
|A3|
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

Yahoo Messenger: A3YrOldGirl
[ignore]

Post » Sun May 07, 2017 10:32 pm

After years of searching for the experience again I've since discovered everything about the T2 competitive days and bittah were the absolute highlight of multiplayer gaming for me. There's just not been anything like it that has been filled with so many different personalities, forum bants, rivalries and just a damn good game to base it all from.

The closet thing I've found was EVE but it was a distant second.

Thoroughly enjoyed those years and still friends with many of the folks I met along the way. The couple of Tribes LANs dirtybird hosted when I moved to Melbourne at 18 were my highlights, meeting the OdT guys drac and dk and the Bris crew spock, nighty, amb, qt and bk too.

I'm trying so hard not to hype myself for Midair because even if the game is great in my head it will fall short without the folks that made the T2 hayday so memorable.

Thanks for the good times and memories folks.
fuck you too mate :)
rain
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Mon May 08, 2017 1:30 am

I'm with Sarge on this one. The collective T1 and T2 days for me were the best multiplayers I have ever been a part of. The community surrounding those games made it what it was, and we are lucky that Bittah has hung on for nearly 15yrs and given us all a place to come together and reminisce about those times.

I think MA has the potential, but we are all a lot older now and have family and work responsibilities and I'm pretty sure any new Tribes franchise would probably take a back seat to that. I wouldn't mind rekindling the social events we used to have (eg. Gavlan, Wikkilan and those Bittah BBQ nights).

I think the most important thing I got out of Tribes were the many friends and good times we had.
RaVPup
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon May 08, 2017 11:28 am

Agree 100%.

I've played a lot of different games but there's been no lasting community with anything outside of tribes.

Midair will be great to get into once the beta comes out, but Rav is right - for a lot of us times have changed. As much as I would love to get into a new tribes game the way I used to play T1 / T2, the available time just isn't there. Much like in T:A how I just played when I could and got myself to at least be minimally competitive, I imagine midair will be the same.

I do worry that with the small player base all playing lots of LT now that the core of the alpha players will be turned off by playing with destructable base assets, etc (I'm just assuming they're not destructable now).

Unfortunately I never got to meet many tribers, and regret not making the effort when the opportunity arose... but still have thoroughly enjoyed being part of the community.

It's funny actually, as my T2 demo -> Youtube conversion project has been going on I've been doing a lot of digging in recent weeks for T2WC demos... that's taken me on a search for all the different existing Tribes communities...

Tribalwar.com (still quite a bit of posting going on, mostly just for T1 - not much love for T2 there)
T2Forums.com (pretty much the most active forum for people still playing T2, yes they're still out there... but it's not very active)
teamwarfare.com - original site died, came back, died again and returned again.. the forums have SOME activity, but very minimal for tribes. For those unaware I managed to convince one of the old TWL admins to give me access to the FTP with all the old match recordings on it and Hobbz has them hosted, still mostly unsorted though)
tribesnext.com (some activity, but not much)
Reddit.com/r/tribes - pretty much where all the Ascend players hang out lamenting how quickly their game died and hoping for a return to the 'good old days' of tribes in 2012-2013 ;)
tribesattack.com (I think this was the French communities hub which is still running but the forum has been dead for years it seems - apart from my post a few days ago about searching for T2WC recordings the next newest post is from late 2015 so I don't hold out hope of finding much there)
http://gaming.ngi.it/forumdisplay.php?f=23 (Hard to say but this may be where the existing Italian tribes community resides - still quite a bit of life in the non-tribes forums... and I got a pretty quick reply to my request for T2WC demos)

Anyone know any other forums for other tribes communities?
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Wed May 10, 2017 11:41 am

but of course there was Santah of BA fame's song to "Yuuki" called "My Internet Girlfriend"
Conclusion to story: She ended up becoming a well known (from what I understand) member of the AU SC2 community as a caster/personality "Cheekyduck." She did another cringey/funny song called 'Starcraft sex' where she did a rap verse and fake-moaned all through it, lul. https://suspensemusic.bandcamp.com/track/starcraft-sex

Never went on a 2nd date which I vaguely recall was due to me posting troll shit and being a clueless 18yro. Was good fun meeting her that one time though. She reached out a few years later when I was in uni but I mostly just trolled again (sigh). Last I heard (5-6 years ago) she'd had a kid was happy.

Forever alone. Would troll again.
Last edited by Sansius on Wed May 10, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sansius
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Wed May 10, 2017 3:14 pm

Idk about this time stuff, the dudes on bittah with kids play that run and gun game for hours a night

My bro has a daughter, fail to see how that impacts the ability to play a couple of maps unless they are toddlers
whitewhale

[ignore]

Post » Wed May 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Iriticus was such a fucktard. Balance of power was lol/cringeworthy
I didn't think much of him back then but I met him IRL once when he invited me to a Syd CBD pub crawl and he seemed like a cool dude. I remember being surprised how different he was to online. I think I'd just turned 18 and it was basically my first night out on the piss.

There was a belligerent older non tribes guy with them that was trying to start shit with me all night but [EL]Kingcutter went into big brother mode and said he'd smash the dude if he touched me, so that was cool. By the end of the night I'd spent all my cash and couldn't afford a taxi home so Irit chilled with me until the buses started again at 6am. I think he was probably just subtly trolling Bittah for lols.
Sansius
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Wed May 10, 2017 7:18 pm

I met him once (or twice) and he was chill. All the tribes playing dudes were cool when not trying to put on a show/act :p

Dunno what he's doing these days, exmerth/wackety might still kick around with him?
Sarge
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]