bittah.com!~ Bittah all time greatest moments

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Safe House / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:27 am

Bittah all time greatest moments

Anyone got any nominations for bittah's all time most memorable moments?

I'll put in a few nominations...

1) Fisty & the pink invs
It started as a post about Fisty making fun of Deden... he posts a screenshot which inadvertently reveals he's using skins to make deployable inventory stations pink (so they stand out more).. this results in a shitstorm of accusations and the dancing pickle makes its grand bittah debut
viewtopic.php?t=5337

2) Hawk and Wheel of Fortune
Not many of bittah's residents even leave the house let alone get to make a game show appearance... Hawk made the most of it by saying "T for Tribe" on multiple occasions. While the thread still exists where it was spoken about, it appears all video evidence may have been lost.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8905

3) The tribesanz split
The new additions to the tribal community with the release of Tribes Ascend mostly did not get along with the disgruntled bittah denizens... I went away for a weekend and came back to find most of the newbies had gone and formed their own website. There was some sort of falling out between a few players which led to someone getting banned and then it sparked a group of people into splitting the community. It lasted a year or so, in that time it got hacked once or twice, then closed down with generally only the tolerable ones still frequenting bittah
Last edited by ColonelBlair on Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ColonelBlair
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:24 am

fuck fisty, it was all about the pickles
GoZFisH

[ignore]

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:02 pm

I wasn't around for the pink pickle invens :( that would have been fun.

Bittah split was crazy lol it happened the day before xmas. I believe both sides got it wrong on this occasion. Although the tanz kids should of been more respectful of bittah since it created a mumble channel, comp forums etc hehe
XU1
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:26 pm

it was the pickles
nexty put some php script in an image file which inserted some external javascript on the page that loaded the pickles and also embedded a flash file with the jazz music loop. iirc he wrote another one that, when viewed would add certain people to your ignore list.

i was moving house at the time of iritgate and the balance of power. missed that shit-fest but i will never forget crying with laughter at the pickles.
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:16 pm

Yeah that pickles evening was comedy gold. I remember absolutely pissing myself as that developed. The flamewarring back and forth then taken over by the evolving pickles, with the most perfect music EVER. It was just lol. Always intended to get a pickle tatt somewhere to mark that evening.

Cant really remember many other occasions of note. How about Nextwish profiteering off the original tsunami with that webpage/domain he setup?

Kromax's SH propaganda vids for T2 were fun
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:29 pm

Cant really remember many other occasions of note. How about Nextwish profiteering off the original tsunami with that webpage/domain he setup?
https://www.waveofdestruction.org/
still exists.. and a quick google of the name at the bottom of that page + nextwish shows it's still owned by him :)
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:31 pm

i rather enjoyed iriticus 'i hold the balance of power' tomfoolery

Leviticus complaints about showing his mum diablo 2 then her becoming addicted to it, so he'd come home to 'how do i make a good barb'
'sigh just use ww and hit things'
'but ww uses too much mana..'
'LOL NEWB'

16 year old me sensible chuckled for days at the notion of calling your mother a newb :P
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:32 pm

I definitely remember the pink invs, though I don't remember the wheel of fortune affair. Would be good to see a video of it.

Didn't someone steal sarge's mp3 player or some shit?
dreamstation
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:21 pm

Haha I completely forgot about hawk on Wheel of Fortune, I remember commandeering the family TV to watch it. And the word in the finale was Skiing!

Iriticus was such a fucktard. Balance of power was lol/cringeworthy
Shakey-Lo
It's not Down Syndrome .... honest!

[ignore]

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:29 pm

You can almost understand it though.

A young teenager unable to get respect/treated poorly at school and by his peers. Plays online game and participates in a community and is generally known and/or liked by some people. Has the opportunity to become an admin - i.e someone with power whom people HAVE to respect. Does everything he can to do this and get 'his friends' into power with him, but takes it far too seriously.

The opportunity meant everything to him, and manipulating the admin race behind the scenes made him feel even more in control to make up for the lack of control in his own life.

Not the most eloquent explanation but you get the point.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:00 pm

I dont remember the Iriticus balance of power thing, but then again i stopped reading the site for a while. That might have been during that period.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:39 pm

Snaggs and bittah are all blurred into one for me, not sure what was on which. However I remember the best ever troll post was made by IdoitChild when Morrowind came out. he posted a "guide" on how to be awesome and super rich with pictures of massive hidden gold caches in the starting area under a bridge n shit which he showed with pictures. he had so many people suckered asking questions about why they couldn't find all this shit :laugh:

Pink Invs and Pickles were gold moments, Nexty always amused me greatly, as did Dev and basically anything he posted as it was always filled with quality rage and abuse.

PS. Also when the infamous pic of Doopy ended up fuckign everywhere on the internet with people thinking it was a legit goatsy tattoo man :laugh:
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:17 pm

aka he even became a meme

Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:30 pm

Is this Irit? Pretty sure that was his irl name https://twitter.com/lloydbroom
Shakey-Lo

[ignore]

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:31 pm

haha yes the doopy goatse tattoo... the I <3 Jaff down the bottom was a nice touch too ;)

The whole fake e-drama about sulls (I think) dropping his team from the twl ladder in a moment of rage suckered in quite a few people
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:01 pm

Is this Irit? Pretty sure that was his irl name https://twitter.com/lloydbroom
thats him. I would use one 'L' when I wrote his name and he reacted beautifully.

i remember doopy taking his shirt off, and then about half a dozen other guys did too. it hot and uncomfortable,
GoZFisH

[ignore]

Post » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:46 am

Add pickles to every thread on April 1.
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:30 am

nexty... iirc he wrote another one that, when viewed would add certain people to your ignore list.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5927
Guess I should clear some things up:
1000 sided die, each page load rolled the die.
If sigtag was used in the current bittah session, dice does not roll.
If 11 is rolled, duckstab was ignored.
If 27 is rolled, kaltorak was ignored.
If 3 is rolled, replace sigtag with spock's avatar.
If 1 is rolled, replace sigtag with badg3r's avatar.
Else display sigtag.

It's no longer active.
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:47 am

This was a bit of a shitstorm...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6308

People complaining about moderation and the general state of bittah - page 2 jaff is given admin by para and starts deleting sub forums and banning players left and right... plazbot, splite, duckman, wulfius khan, unsurprisingly the community mostly revolts... jaff starts accusing Mert (or Meld?) of having evidence of pre defence turret cheating .. there's flaming going on left and right...
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:01 am

Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]