bittah.com!~ Test your car insurance knowledge - Page 2

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Safe House / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:07 pm

That's only thing they can't actually do, force you to use their "authorised repairers". Get a quote, make the claim, get it fixed where and how you want and let the insurance and the shop sort it out themselves.
ta|on
calm

[ignore]

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:09 pm

Sounds like you got fobbed off hobbs. If 100% not at fault, you can get insurance company to chase the 3rd party for the $ in addition - its hidden in their PDS somewhere that after the claim is paid they can go after the at fault driver for the full amount of the loss

reread a lil: Yeah if your loan=market=insurance value then you are a bit wrecked there, unless you are lucky and have a car that has oddly high market value then you dont have a leg to stand on cause you cant claim on the purchase price

(mine went form being worth 16k to 8k over 3years then weirdly went back up to 13k this year...figure all the wogs are crashing skylines and ive always had it on agreed value of 14k until this year)
jazzymcsleazy
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:36 pm

I hate insurance companies and I swear if I had saved every dime that I pay for insurance and put it in a bank, I would have enough cash for that 'rainy day'. Reminds me of something JBT would say.

I'm glad your family are ok though.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:16 pm

What's that.. Your neck is sore? :D go for the honey pot!!! 8-)
ikonz0r
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Btw.I think your taking the wrong approach. Fundamentally your car was written off and needs to be replaced for a like model. If they replace it with a like model (same age and kms) then who gives a fuck if it cost them? $200 or $20,000 :lol: it's their problem to sort out!!!
ikonz0r
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:46 pm

you get insurance for two reasons: to cover your arse if you're at fault, and to save yourself a lot of pain in the arse if you're not, in that you make a claim and the insurance company then chases the pother person to get their money back, be that from their insurance company or the individual.

you made an arrangement with suncorp, not with the at fault person.
the agreed value is not binding to you and another entity.
you can decide to make a claim and go with that, or you can chase startrak yourself and ask for whatever you want. your insurance arrangement with suncorp has nothing to do with that.
the tricky bit would be getting the money you want, and the way you would have to do that may take some time and ultimately probably not be worth it.

I agree with what other have said, always go for an agreed value.
market value is always going to lead to argument and disappointment, cause I guarantee they'll always go for the lower end of the range.
and the loan amount, unless you financed most of the car, will always leave you out of pocket.

but at the end of the day they should realise that your negative experience will affect their business with you, and other people you talk to.

I for one will stand with my brother Hobbit and vow never to get insurance with suncorp ever again.
Last edited by GoZFisH on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoZFisH
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:17 am

I for one will stand with my brother Hobbit and vow never to get insurance with suncorp ever again.
I would subtly "threaten" them by saying you have the resources of 1 million followers on twitter/facebook and a powerful gamers forum to vent your rage on.
ImPaLoR
PLEASE EXPLAIN!
PLEASE EXPLAIN!

[ignore]

Post » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:22 am

Re: Test your car insurance knowledge

I agree with Goz. I got rear-ended while I was uninsured. The guy went MIA for a week, and I thought I would have to go through the process of tracking him down etc, but he turned out to be a nice chap and his insurer played the full cost of repair. So i learnt to get insurance to save the hassle of chasing up people. You could go after the full amount yourself.
dumbo
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:18 pm

I agree with Goz.
GoZFisH

[ignore]