bittah.com!~ Why are thin people not fat?

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Safe House / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:05 pm

Why are thin people not fat?

-- split from viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21510&p=483602#p483602 --
I actually decided to watch that episode of insight just to see what that scene was specifically about.

I have never seen so many defensive fat chicks in my life. Holy shit. Wouldn't answer any questions because 'it insinuated they weren't allowed to be fat'
fark, you're not wrong
Nasty Hobbit
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:27 pm

For years ive found this issue interesting.

Islanders are naturally big. I think it comes back to natural selection - they were selected to be that way from island lifestyle - limited resources = most efficient being more successful, hence gain weight easily.

Anyways, women in general have a higher fat content. Probably comes back to natural selection again - fat = resource deposit - saving up for producing children.
___
Quantity vs quality:
If you eat organic/biodynamic, you are getting nutrients in your food (minus all the chemicals that potentialls disrupt your bodily processes)- thus you ARENT hungry as often - eat quality.
____

Other than the obvious causes -
Obesity can also be caused by:
- parasites
- hormone disruption
____

Case: Japanese person comes to Australia. They find they gain weight without even eating bad food.
They go back to Japan, they lose weight easily and quickly.
What does this tell us?

I think food production in Australia is flawed. In Japan there is a general honour system that has carried over from their culture. They CARE about their community! And they work hard to do the right thing. Here, we have commercial farms and we place all our trust in these corporations to do the right thing when all they want is profit. ITS PRETTY FUCKING OBVIOUS (generally speaking - non-organic farming in Aus)
Also - Australian soil conditions are very poor, and Japanese very rich. This might also cause shortcuts and chemical enhancements to grow crops in Australia.
___

Apple Cider Vinegar is great for detox/weight loss.

ps. Wtf is this show? A platform for medical procedures?
pps. The skinny professional women on this show look much more unhealthy than all the others lel
/new thread
ImPaLoR
PLEASE EXPLAIN!
PLEASE EXPLAIN!

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:00 pm

Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:45 pm

I hope they get a choice and not a butt one by default, oh well maybe he prefers the twisty insert.

Regarding height; can't be fucked finding it, maybe I read it here? (I really need to start keeping a log of useful information and their sources.) Anyway; A guy correlated a huge amount of data regarding the average heights of various nations military, reason being it was a pretty consistent well kept data source of a specific type of individual.

Long story short your height and metabolism have more to do with the resources available to your mother whilst in utero. Your metabolism is getting ready for the outside world, if you mamma stuffs her face, your metabolism is fast as because there's obviously a massive abundance occurring, if your momma don't, your metabolism is slower in preparation for the lack of resources, evidenced by the Ethiopian dude. Not real complex hey. Specific types of diets and individual genes and behavior obviously effect this but by and large this appears to be the general trend. And yeah fat people have fat kids cause even if their metabolism isn't sluggish, if you don't run your tubby ass around and keep pumping grease into it you're gonna be a lard fiend.

Maybe they discuss it on insight but I couldn't bring myself to watch the entire episode.
Ragingmoose
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:11 pm

Love how the first aid kit is still wrapped up......the ol' fleshlight certainly isn't!! :laugh:

By that theory my mama' ate like mofo!! Or...it could be my lifestyle choices.....but i gotta say, only at bittah....an almost(?) serious discussion on obesity within the "funny thread" - classic! :baddass:

I'm watching that insight episode now.....mainly because i've always been strangely attracted to the host.....don't ask....i can't explain :laugh:

Back to the lolz......pretty sure big poppa pump Scott Steiner was addressing the people on that insight episode....sorry, no subtitles....and no..i have nfi what he's talking about - but it's gold!
Spoiler: Show
aristo-
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:55 pm

Long story short your height and metabolism have more to do with the resources available to your mother whilst in utero.
Dr Karl was talking about a group on WW2 that were staving and the children born to the women were shorter. Apparently grandchildren still had not returned to the average height despite food nolonger being an issue. The grandparents lack of food had an impact on the genetics passed on to the grandchildren.

Interesting side note. We have 4 kids, 2 boys, 2 girls. My wife was really sick with both the boys, couldn't keep food or water down for months. Ended up in hospital a few times as well. The girls are both very tall, one on the 97th percentile of the growth chart, one way over. The boys are both much closer to average height.

Edit:

To stay on topic
Duff5000
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:54 pm

@duff - my paternal grandfather was a part of WW2, he was way less than 6 foot tall (from photographs, i only base this from my old man, who was a hooker in rugby union...short fucker, but could play!)....he passed before i was born - so i never had the opportunity to meet him....but...i know he was really short - yet i'm 6'4.......and i doubt that i'm the exception to the rule.....in fact, as far as i can tell, every 'generation' (and i do use that term loosely) seems to be significantly taller than the last....i can't offer an explanation as to why this is the case (although i've no doubt someone here can :P) maybe the food we eat? I've nfi!! But your example - it seems to fall perfectly in line with the statements made by the raging one - Mr. Moose!

and back towards the topic.....if you like standup.....well....just watch this;
Spoiler: Show
aristo-
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:16 am

Long story short your height and metabolism have more to do with the resources available to your mother whilst in utero. Your metabolism is getting ready for the outside world, if you mamma stuffs her face, your metabolism is fast as because there's obviously a massive abundance occurring, if your momma don't, your metabolism is slower in preparation for the lack of resources, evidenced by the Ethiopian dude. Not real complex hey. Specific types of diets and individual genes and behavior obviously effect this but by and large this appears to be the general trend. And yeah fat people have fat kids cause even if their metabolism isn't sluggish, if you don't run your tubby ass around and keep pumping grease into it you're gonna be a lard fiend.

Maybe they discuss it on insight but I couldn't bring myself to watch the entire episode.
your metabolism has almost nothing to do with weight gain or loss because its percentage difference in humans is minimal
also, its not a static value ie. this guys is higher than that girls, however if that guy is running up some stairs and that girl is sitting on the couch, his is going to be much higher at the time

regardless, ive said it before, ill say it yet again, sitting in bed all day yields 6500kj of energy burned because we have little oven thing going inside of us sitting at 37c
because temperate affects pH and we absolutely must keep our blood at pH neutral of 7, the buffers help but that temperate must not sway too much, this requires the vast majority of our energy during the day(the RDI being 8700kj). The brain takes 20% on average, btw.

islanders genetics or drugs or thyroid conditions that may predispose people for weight gain do not disobey laws of physics. There is no excuse for overconsumption. heres a helpful image

b-but muh genetics
b-but muh thyroid
muh injuries/special day/its calorie negative food(lol)/if he is then fuck i will/they're having a special/i can burn it off with exercise

exercise is one of the least effective forms of weight loss. Running for half an hour is what, 300kcal? sweet fuck all for all that pain and misery? well, if you think its worth it, go ahead, but cardiovascular exercise is meant for strengthening your heart muscle and reducing your risk of atherosclerosis among other things
it sucks dick for weightloss

'muh muscle loss' ive also heard before, i dont have any evidence for or against it but as the topic goes 'losing weight' and muscle most certainly weighs something, theres plenty of ways to gain it back once you've reached your target bodyfat %
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:22 am

Long story short your height and metabolism have more to do with the resources available to your mother whilst in utero.
Dr Karl was talking about a group on WW2 that were staving and the children born to the women were shorter. Apparently grandchildren still had not returned to the average height despite food nolonger being an issue. The grandparents lack of food had an impact on the genetics passed on to the grandchildren.
Epigenetics. I've been curious about this since seeing a very intelesting doco on this from way back:
your metabolism has almost nothing to do with weight gain or loss
Genetics, metabolism, hormones, exercise, anxiety, dopamine reuptake inhibitors ... It's tricky to rock that rhyme.
punk
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:09 pm

Genetics, metabolism, hormones, exercise, anxiety, dopamine reuptake inhibitors ... It's tricky to rock that rhyme.
all aboard the blame train, first stop, genetics

yes we had ancestry that survived periods of famine by storing fat in periods of feast
no its not required anymore - so not an excuse, next
yes our dear mothers during pregnancy may influence our weight gain and the number of fat cells we grow - that number is actually constant, they just grow in size, this still doesn't derive more energy from food than is already there, next

we may have a 'natural weight' our body attempts to maintain - tell that to anybody and you'll give them the easiest excuse in the entire world

Also:
There are a host of other influences, including environmental factors. Even pollution. Scientists are only just beginning to uncover the many things that may per-determine our weight.
But the message is clear: It seems out size is much less under our control than we might believe.
part of clip

philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:52 pm

Re: 2014 Funny Thread - Image only, NSFW probable

all aboard the blame train, first stop, genetics

yes we had ancestry that survived periods of famine by storing fat in periods of feast
no its not required anymore - so not an excuse
Hold on while I turn off my DNA?

(and stop eating shit food)
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]