bittah.com!~ Hi Peeps

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Safe House / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:47 am

Hi Peeps

Hey there guys it's been a while. What's going on any Goss?
practor
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:24 am

Hey prac, long time.

From a tribes point of view Tribes Ascend in the Oceanic region is on life-support - pub games are reasonably common in the evenings from what I can tell but it's very rare to see a server reaching full capacity. Hi-Rez have stated they wont be doing anything else for T:A as they're focusing their energies on their real money earner SMITE.
They have stated previously that they'll be working on Tribes Ascend 2 in the future, but whether that actually happens or not remains to be seen. Some think they don't deserve another chance to ruin the franchise, but if they don't do it who knows if someone would pick up the rights to a game which hasn't exactly had great success in its last few iterations.

After T:As release there was a bit of a war between a section of the new generation of 'tribers' it had brought to the community and some of the old hands of bittah which resulted in a bit of a community split. A chunk of the community (the majority of which were the newer T:A players, however some were vets of the older games) went to the newly created tribesanz.com. That site became the 'hub' for T:A comp stuff for a few months until the comp scene died out. The site is practically dead now it appears.
Bittah basically went back to its pre T:A days of mostly players from the older games having bitch sessions about whatever the topic of the day is, reviewing movies & growing old.
ColonelBlair
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:37 am

Re: Hi Peeps

Whats it been 12 years or so since bittah kicked off. I was going through some old posts going back to 2003 bloody hell time has flown. Still good to see some old names around.
practor
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:07 pm

Hopefully the last few years have treated you well. I know you had a few issues to deal with.
KFC

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:26 pm

hi2u prac, still in bris?
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:34 pm

Yeah living a dream had it's ups and downs but all good :laugh:
practor
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:36 pm

Yeah mate Fortitude Valley and work on Queen St. You still about Brisbane?
practor
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:48 pm

Hey prac, long time.

From a tribes point of view Tribes Ascend in the Oceanic region is on life-support - pub games are reasonably common in the evenings from what I can tell but it's very rare to see a server reaching full capacity. Hi-Rez have stated they wont be doing anything else for T:A as they're focusing their energies on their real money earner SMITE.
They have stated previously that they'll be working on Tribes Ascend 2 in the future, but whether that actually happens or not remains to be seen. Some think they don't deserve another chance to ruin the franchise, but if they don't do it who knows if someone would pick up the rights to a game which hasn't exactly had great success in its last few iterations.

After T:As release there was a bit of a war between a section of the new generation of 'tribers' it had brought to the community and some of the old hands of bittah which resulted in a bit of a community split. A chunk of the community (the majority of which were the newer T:A players, however some were vets of the older games) went to the newly created tribesanz.com. That site became the 'hub' for T:A comp stuff for a few months until the comp scene died out. The site is practically dead now it appears.
Bittah basically went back to its pre T:A days of mostly players from the older games having bitch sessions about whatever the topic of the day is, reviewing movies & growing old.
Nothing ever lasts I guess and yes getting older is one thing I'm finding hard to come to terms with (cough cough) anyway thanks for the update T2 is an old memory of the staying up to 3 am a many a night/morning. Haven't played online multiplayer for years more into console games now.
practor
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:30 pm

Hello Practor.

:D

I been playing Elite: Dangerous. Good fun. :)
JackBootedThug
Official bittah.com Chief Conspiracy Theorist

Yahoo Messenger: Skinski7
[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:39 pm

y have u + hobb not been on a date?
Bash
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:44 pm

Good call Bash not sure. Hi JBT
practor
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:14 pm

aw wish I was still in bris so I could third wheel
Shakey-Lo
It's not Down Syndrome .... honest!

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:30 pm

Anytime Shakey
practor
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:18 pm

Heh I was living in the valley a few months back. Was set up in the Petrie Point apartments on Bowen Terrace, 8th floor. Beautiful place. Spent around a year there.

Was lucky enough to spend quite a bit of time with Shakey and not as much time with Hobbit. Good guys the pair of them. As soon as Shakey left, brisbane was dead to me so I bailed.
Last edited by Sotha on Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:20 pm

R ok im at the Cathedral place. Where are you now
practor
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:22 pm

I've moved back to Perth now where the sun is warm and induces less sweat.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:23 pm

Lol its still pretty warm over here still. Great to hear from you
practor
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:25 pm

Heh I was living in the valley a few months back. Was set up in the Petrie Point apartments on Bowen Terrace, 8th floor. Beautiful place. Spent around a year there.

Was lucky enough to spend quite a bit of time with Shakey and not as much time with Hobbit. Good guys the pair of them. As soon as Shakey left, brisbane was dead to me so I bailed.
and xandrax too you rude fucker

whens the wedding?
Shakey-Lo

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:24 am

aw wish I was still in bris so I could third wheel
I'll go in your stead and stream to twitch
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:34 am

and xandrax too you rude fucker

whens the wedding?
Shit sorry xandrax I forgot about that, I was still new to Brisbane and it was all a blur. Hi xandrax I still love you, I reflect upon our ps2 time together.

Wedding is a long while off that shit is expensive and we decided a house was the first priority. So no date yet but you'll know :)

You still in the U.S? How's that treating you.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]