bittah.com!~ E-Cigs

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Safe House / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:58 pm

E-Cigs

Anyone here tried e-cigs out? Apparently there is no tar and they have the same full taste etc? I bought a vaporizer with a B&H liquid and am starting to use it from today.

I mainly want to be able to improve my fitness and still have that nicotine high.
RaVPup
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:39 pm

Re: E-Cigs

Ecigs in australia can't be sold with nicotine flavours. If you go down that avenue, you'd have to rely on overseas imports.

If you're not in oz, it's a grey area.

If you're a heavy smoker, it alone likely will not help - they just don't have the same hit. If you're a light smoker it might be enough.

Some people advocate ecigs because they can be used indoors - I wouldn't advise that out of your home, people will give you a lot of shit, even after they figure it out.

Edit: I have a dual coil cart which does somewhat give you a better hit - still wasn't enough to sate my cancer lust, however.
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:46 pm

I didn't know they couldn't be sold with nicotine flavors. I ordered mine from overseas. I was thinking about getting other fruit flavors further down the line. They seem to be working for me, although I am using e-cigs a lot more often than normal cigs.

I hope that I can substitute e-cigs for real cigs.
RaVPup
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:42 pm

I didn't know they couldn't be sold with nicotine flavors. I ordered mine from overseas. I was thinking about getting other fruit flavors further down the line. They seem to be working for me, although I am using e-cigs a lot more often than normal cigs.

I hope that I can substitute e-cigs for real cigs.
Yeah I sell these, they are pretty good and the best substitute for real cigs that I've come across. You are allowed to import upto a 6 month supply of nicotine, the problem is that nowhere does it specify exactly what a 6 month supply is. At any rate I've personally imported 320ml's (which is a fair amount) at one time and never had any issues with customs. The E-cig batteries can be a bit of a problem to import atm and buying within Australia can be fairly expensive so it might be worth getting a 2nd battery while you don't need it rather then wait on it when you do need it. Matter of fact its probably better to have spare coils and carto's too.

When you order new liquid make sure you order a few at the same time because you don't wanna be stuck smoking something that taste's like ass for a few weeks while waiting for new liquid. Most of the people I've introduced to E-cigs smoked 12mg ciggies and feel most comfortable with 24mg E-Liquid, most of them have had a very easy time dropping the mg down from that point onwards.

You might consider a "Variable Voltage" battery if you decide to stick with the ecig as it always you to essentially adjust the "hit" you get from your vaping, Higher the voltage = stronger the hit.
Last edited by PeTtY on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:44 pm

If you're a heavy smoker, it alone likely will not help - they just don't have the same hit. If you're a light smoker it might be enough.
I find this is entirely dependant on what setup you have. Strong E-liquid, Low resistance coils and a Variable Voltage and you most definetly will get that hit. For instance I have some 26mg Molboro flavoured nicotine and everytime I vape it I'm reminded of the first time I smoked winfield reds.

That being said It didn't really help me but I still spin my wacky tabacky with cigs so I guess my hearts just not into it....The gf has had a good go of it though and hasn't had a smoke in a couple of months now.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:48 pm

I just got the starter pack. Didn't even realize there were different voltage and coils. It's not too bad but maybe I can get a better vaporizer. For now, it's doing alright.
RaVPup
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:51 pm

I just got the starter pack. Didn't even realize there were different voltage and coils. It's not too bad but maybe I can get a better vaporizer. For now, it's doing alright.
Those starter packs are usually pretty decent and you should still be able to upgrade the battery later on down the track. At any rate if it takes replacement coils I would be ordering some of them as they can need replacing every few months depending on use.

Stay away from disposable ecigs as they are trash. Specifically Social-lites is doing some really bad disposable e-cigs last time I looked at them.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:56 pm

I got the EGA10 from www.e-cig.com. What you think about those? Rechargeable battery.
RaVPup
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:03 am

I got the EGA10 from http://www.e-cig.com. What you think about those? Rechargeable battery.
Yeah it looks good I'd probably want a bigger battery just to be sure its going to get me through the day.

If you look to upgrade the EVOD's are what I use and I find them really good. http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1000 ... electronic
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:23 am

I should have checked it out more before I bought it. Lets see how the EGA10 battery goes. I think it might not be enough.
RaVPup
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:01 am

I got the EGA10 from http://www.e-cig.com. What you think about those? Rechargeable battery.
Yeah it looks good I'd probably want a bigger battery just to be sure its going to get me through the day.

If you look to upgrade the EVOD's are what I use and I find them really good. http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1000 ... electronic
I just checked out the 510. It seems the 510 has a battery life of 1100mAH and the EGA10 has 330mAH. From what I can work out, assuming they both use the same amount of current, the EGA10 should last about 5hrs?

Is this the case or should I just try it out and when the EGA10 shits itself, buy the 510?

The liquid is pretty much the same across both models I assume?
RaVPup
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:23 am

Hi Rav, i had much more success in my never-really-tried attempts to give up smoking my using the nicorette chewing gum plus the e-cig. When you really get that need a ciggie hit, chew the gum first a bit and take it out when it gets a bit much and then continue using the e-cig until satisfied. Repeat until giving up. Btw no matter who you are, it will take time so keep that cigarette packet lying around too, it all helps until you achieve the balance you need. It's just like losing weight (i've lost over 60kgs within a year), you cannot possibly lose weight by sticking to only eating healthy food. I lost so much weight by having a weekly splurge (weekends usually) on a pizza night or your favourite takeaway too. Still do too and I have absolutely no intention of going back to being fat again :)

p.s. warning when you don't smoke for a whole day or something like that, and then say "oh bugger it, i need a real cig" <-- because YOU WILL lol, the headspins are pretty huge so make sure you arent driving or something when having the real cig. I once fell off a chair from it lel.
AoD
calm

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:05 am

I just checked out the 510. It seems the 510 has a battery life of 1100mAH and the EGA10 has 330mAH. From what I can work out, assuming they both use the same amount of current, the EGA10 should last about 5hrs?

Is this the case or should I just try it out and when the EGA10 shits itself, buy the 510?

The liquid is pretty much the same across both models I assume?
'510' actually just refers to the threading type of the battery/cartomizer. 510 is probably the most common thread type available and as such it means there's alot of customization you can do. You can for instance get a 510 with a 330mAh battery. My gf uses an 1100mAh battery and goes days without needing to recharge whereas yes a 330mAh will probably last 4-5 hours but it really depends on usage.

E-liquid is standard across the board and should work with any type of e-cig.

Without dishing out a tonne of money my recommendation would be This VV EVOD clearomizer (which is the part that holds the liquid) and an EGO twist 900mAh Variable Voltage battery. Makes for an excellent startup vape and is really simple to replace parts being that its 510 threaded.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:41 am

Best way to deal with your cravings is to man up and quit.
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:46 am

Is that how you gave up sucking dick?
Bash
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:07 am

>implying
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:45 am

i like nicorette mistspray
deadpixel
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:24 pm

>implying
Ohh. I see now. He 'man(ned) up'. So he replaced sucking on one thing for another.
Bash
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:23 pm

I tried the e-cigs, bought a kit and they worked well, was always a good nicotine hit but could never simulate all the other chems that you get addicted too aswell.

Well worth the money though, your lungs will heal up if all you are inhaling is the vapour instead of the smoke.

Ended up quitting cigs and e-cigs more than 2 years ago cold turkey, and my lungs are infinitely better for it.
Kroz-
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:02 pm

Re: E-Cigs

I tried the e-cigs, bought a kit and they worked well, was always a good nicotine hit but could never simulate all the other chems that you get addicted too aswell.

Well worth the money though, your lungs will heal up if all you are inhaling is the vapour instead of the smoke.

Ended up quitting cigs and e-cigs more than 2 years ago cold turkey, and my lungs are infinitely better for it.
How did you not strangle motherfuckers left right and centre? What do you replace the 5 minutes of peace with?
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]