bittah.com!~ Metal Only - Page 9

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Safe House / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:47 pm

He's such a fun guitarist to watch. Can't have him stuck behind a microphone.
SoulFire
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:50 am

Epic.......and that crowd~! I thought Rio had the best metal crowds....i could be wrong.... Ok..
.... yeaahhhhh Third largest concert in the world. It being early 90's Moscow, you could understand why there was such a huge military presence and how out of control everyone went. Probably the only concert they ever went to like that.

'Rise' is the first metal song i've ever listened to as a kid at something like age 7 or 8. So Vulgur gets my vote.

After seeing Down twice while over in Europe: Phil is a DICK. I would love to get back stage just so I can punch him in the face.
MetalSutton
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:17 am

Phil is such an enormous knob. Was watching him at last years Soundwave and had to leave. Can't fucking stand him.
SoulFire
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:40 am

I'll just leave this here.
I still reckon Phil smashes it as a singer and frontman, doesn't mean I want to spend time discussing philosophy with him. He wouldn't be the first dick who's artistic output I have enjoyed. I loved that Soundwave set.

This one was a surprise. I'm organising a reunion of the crew I grew up with for this year's Soundwave. We all used to listen to Ice T and Suicidal Tendencies so the timing of this was impeccable.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1 ... l=84503534[/youtube]
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:00 pm

Anyone still come to Bittah?!?

been a HUUUGEEE Gormathon Fan recently. Both their albums are so fun to sing along to. Choruses are catchy. as. fuck.
Tony Sunnhag is the true epitome of a fucking Viking. I enjoy it on the same level as Amon Amarth, possibly even more, only due to the awesome sing along type choruses. These videos are not good examples, but their latest album speaks for itself. The drummer absolutely shows no emotion what so ever. That makes him cool.
MetalSutton
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:18 pm

Who has been/is going to soundwave? I went to Adelaide on the weekend.

Faith no more, Soundgarden, Steel Panther, Slipknot were all excellent.

Incubus set list was average, performance was great, not a single song from S.C.I.E.N.C.E :?

Smashing pumpkins were good, only saw about 6 songs but Billy's still got it.

Fucking cracker of a festival once again.
dose
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:53 pm

Who has been/is going to soundwave? I went to Adelaide on the weekend.

Faith no more, Soundgarden, Steel Panther, Slipknot were all excellent.

Incubus set list was average, performance was great, not a single song from S.C.I.E.N.C.E :?

Smashing pumpkins were good, only saw about 6 songs but Billy's still got it.

Fucking cracker of a festival once again.
Heading to it this weekend in Brissy. The Smashing Pumpkins / Slipknot clash annoys me, saw Slipknot last time... dunno if i should skip to see some Pumpkins. Heard Marilyn Manson had his shit together this time... last time he was very average.

It's just a massive high school flashback. Sound garden, Faith No More, Fear Factory, Pumpkins, Manson... gonna be awesome.
SoulFire
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:28 pm

Can't say i'm not jealous..... :laugh: @ fear factory....no idea they were still going - my favourite song of theirs was a Gary Numan cover though :laugh:

re: Gormathon loving the Viking metal - that drummer might be equalled in lack of emotion only by Nicholas from cradle of filth/dimmu borgir etc.....that dude blew my mind way back, he was drumming faster than i had ever seen...seemingly without moving.....plus, he kinda looked like uncle fester
aristo-
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:50 am

Burton's voice is cooked. They still put on a decent musical display, his screaming and lows are fine but he can't sing for shit.

Souly - I went over for the pumpkins for half an hour, it was good but the timing wasn't great, didn't hear bullet with butterfly wings! :palesad: They were good but its a pretty different atmosphere. They'd be better in a sidewave I reckon. 4th time I've seen Slipknot and this was the best if I'm being honest.

Regarding Manson, saw him last time as well and he was fucking cooked. He was much better this time and while not my cup of tea they were at least in time and he wasn't a complete waste of space. If you like Soundgarden make sure you see em, Cornell was hitting everything! Pretty impressive.
dose
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:43 am

Had a friend from Aussie not attend soundwave, but went to a dragonforce/judas priest show that must have been running on the side. Apparently was really good, however didn't play classics like PainKiller, and instead played tracks like Turbo Lover. Opting for the slower songs, but at least they are still rocking.
MetalSutton
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:52 am

I forgot about Judas Priest - saw about half an hour - they were top notch.
A mate of mine is a mad Dragonforce fan, he was frothing at the mouth when he came back from their set, third time he's seen them and claimed it to be the best!
dose
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:32 pm

I heard they had to really step up their live game after the last few years. Apparently they really sucked live for ages and didn't sound anything like their albums. Mostly due to that NZ twat "Sam", being too hammer drunk all the time. Got stood down for a while until he sorted it out if I remember correctly. Anyways, I hear they got their shit together and are a much bigger force on the stage these days.
MetalSutton
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:53 pm

Manson started out very shaky today, to the point I messaged my sister to tell her that he was atrocious again this year. But at some point something clicked (maybe some drugs) and got quite a bit better. Strong finish with Beautiful People and Irresponsible Hate Anthem. I've seen his solo shows quite a few times and he's always been great, but total fail at Soundwave.

Slipknot were incredible as usual. Just amazing live. Caught the right end of Smashing Pumpkins.
SoulFire
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:51 am

holy shit soundgarden were good
Nasty Hobbit
bittah, jaded, anti social freak
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:26 pm

Faith no More shit on everyone. Epic...
SoulFire
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:03 pm

I have people on my facebook complaining about how intense 2 days of rock music is, and yet my response is that I managed to complete 8 near straight days of metal festivals. I may have been a voiceless sleep deprived zombie by the end of it all walking around what I could only describe as a post-apocalyptic showgrounds, but I did it!

Who wants to come with this year?!
http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/events/boa-2015/stages
followed by
http://www.summer-breeze.de/en/bands/
MetalSutton
annoyed

[ignore]