bittah.com!~ Schapelle Corby : Guilty - Page 6

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Safe House / 

Moderator:Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post »Tue May 31, 2005 4:36 pm

Vital
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post »Tue May 31, 2005 4:48 pm

much better ps job vital :)
Mereel
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post »Tue May 31, 2005 5:14 pm

:lol: vital :lol:
wackety
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post »Tue May 31, 2005 5:34 pm

"as if its hers, pot is cheaper in bali than australia so why would she take it?" always makes me laugh. Not because it would most likely be profitable to take australian pot over ther and sell it, but if it wasn't profitable to take it over, then why the fuck would someone put it in her bag to transport it there? >_<
American-
unsettled

Yahoo Messenger:ppc_pigeon
AOL:aeiswin
[ignore]

Post »Tue May 31, 2005 6:39 pm

My guess it was supposed to have been collected at Sydney, but it wasn't and ended up in Bali.
veetwin
unsettled

[ignore]

Post »Tue May 31, 2005 6:52 pm

"as if its hers, pot is cheaper in bali than australia so why would she take it?" always makes me laugh. Not because it would most likely be profitable to take australian pot over ther and sell it, but if it wasn't profitable to take it over, then why the fuck would someone put it in her bag to transport it there? >_<
aparently pot is pretty crap in bali so it would be profitable if it was high end (like what she had in her bag) plus there are alot of things we don't hear about her, like over the last couple of years she has been to bali 20 or so times and there are actual witness's in australia that this isn't her first experience in smuggling but like australian witness's forf her they havent had the opertunity to speak or if they have australian press have left it out
-Deadpool-
annoyed

[ignore]

Post »Tue May 31, 2005 9:00 pm

apperantly she's been to bali 3 times before, and it being a major holiday destination i dont think its indicative of suspect behaviour.

and considering the media carried on about her dad spending a night in jail for having a couple of joints on him 30 yrs ago i doubt they would have ignored anything that may have linked her to previous smuggling.

i was going to chile every 2 years to visit my grandparents when i finished uni. after the 2nd trip i was getting a full baggage search. i reckon that customs are onto suspect behaviour.
GoZFisH
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post »Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:11 am

why didnt she just bribe whoever caught her with the drugs?

doesnt she know thats how it works?
WerTicus
annoyed

[ignore]

Post »Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:05 am

guilty. and proven so before a court of law.

i still think she was ever since the first time she was on tv "help me ... tee hee".

foad.
nolongerthisguy

[ignore]

Post »Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:30 am

You mean Indonesia DOESNT love Stan ? OMG nuke em 8-)

Seriously ... no idea if this has been raised in this thread before ... im a lazy cunt, and sif id read it ...

But anyway ... here's my two cents

These nutjobs have NEVER acquitted one person EVER. Why ? Because if you work for the police/customs ... your word is God. Thats why there has NEVER EVER been an acquittal of anyone, from ANYWHERE in the world. How can you compete with monkey logic like that ? What the hell is the point of having a trial in the first place ? Well now you might understand the Indonesian justice system a bit better. NOONE gets off , EVERYONE is guilty. There is NO trying to prove your innocence, because its NOT possible.

If you doubt what i say, then you should get a copy of the Channel 9 broadcast. The interpreter said distinctly ... they took into account her good record ... no drugs involved in her history, she only came here for a holiday, etc etc BUT the word of the police/customs is FINAL. They are respected members of the community and WOULD NOT LIE.

Translation : what the fark is the point of having a trial in the first place ? You have something in your possession and its YOU who's guilty. You cannot dare to doubt the word of the police or customs. So why bother ... 20 years for YOU !! And no soup either.
AoD
calm

[ignore]

Post »Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:39 am

*cough* ahem , actually pointy tits, sounds to me like you've been listening to talk back radio again, and watching TCN9 coverage? plz? why don't you go watch FOX coverage of the War in Iraq while your at it.

In the Indonesian legal system, once you are found in possesion of drugs, the onus is upon you to prove that they aren't yours. You can say that it is guilty until proven innocent. I am pretty certain that this is exactly the same in Australia. I am sure I have heard many legal guys and gals say she would have been found guilty in AU with the same evidence.

Now that just leaves the sentence. 20 years, harsh by our standards sure, but as long as its in keeping with indonesian law, ( Indonesians are shocked that she isnt getting put infront of a firing squad) then how was anybody surprised? You do the crime you do the time.

Having said that... I have nfi idea if she was guilty or not but the more I hear the more i wish they shot her and her family while they are at it. heck if they did that, I'd be willing to give them a personal cheque to double the amount of aid! WHY NOT ITS ONLY MONEY
Stan
Handsomest
Handsomest

[ignore]

Post »Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:40 am

we've got pretty much the same thing when it comes to drugs, it's just that their penalties are harsher.

As a point of interest, Australia is in the process of tightening drug laws, too.
Volatile
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post »Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:14 am

didnt we just loosen drug laws? In WA at least we did im pretty sure.

Anyways when a cop catches you with pot over here he usually just freaks you out for a laugh. Then later when your not in prison for 20 yrs you enjoy a laugh about it too.
Last edited by WerTicus on Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
WerTicus
annoyed

[ignore]

Post »Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:31 am

Yup thats a good point plastic doesnt stop really good weed smelling at all.

But if the boogie board bag was that metal foil it might - but not with just a zipper.
WerTicus
annoyed

[ignore]

Post »Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:46 am

a stoner made a good point on jjj yesterday, "with that amount of hydro, you would've smelt it a mile away regardless of the two layers of plastic and a boogie board bag". i have to agree with this.
I'm not so sure. The plastic the vacuum bags are made from must be non permiable or else the vacuum would be lost.

Normal plastic like lunch bags, aren't so thick or leak proof.

Also there must be a way to counter the smell.

Maybe Corby was wearing that famous perfume Chanel Glen 20 No.5. Who knows.
RealTime
bittah

[ignore]

Post »Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:03 am

Actually realtime - just because a certain container isn’t permeable to air does not mean other molecules do not fit through.

For example helium balloons deflate even though there is no 'holes'

There are holes large enough for helium molecules to fit through :)

Stupid stoners I learnt this in yr3. Thats why if you put really good weed in a bag or even 14 bags the sweet sweeet aroma drifts through anyway.
WerTicus
annoyed

[ignore]

Post »Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:29 am

Anyways when a cop catches you with pot over here he usually just freaks you out for a laugh. Then later when your not in prison for 20 yrs you enjoy a laugh about it too.
had this experience, have we? :P
Neo
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post »Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:35 am

no i have a friend!
WerTicus
annoyed

[ignore]

Post »Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:37 am

i think if they found you with 4kgs the story might be different :)
Mereel
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post »Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:40 am

apperantly she's been to bali 3 times before, and it being a major holiday destination i dont think its indicative of suspect behaviour.

and considering the media carried on about her dad spending a night in jail for having a couple of joints on him 30 yrs ago i doubt they would have ignored anything that may have linked her to previous smuggling.

i was going to chile every 2 years to visit my grandparents when i finished uni. after the 2nd trip i was getting a full baggage search. i reckon that customs are onto suspect behaviour.
i heard about 30 times, and no journo wanted to balance the shiz coming from her lawyers since there was a chance she would be facing the firing squad.
Mereel
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]