bittah.com!~ Schapelle Corby : Guilty
Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.
Moderator: Super Moderators
- Recent Topics
- Bittah all time greatest moments
- November 2018 - Tribes 20yr Anniversary
- Midair (formerly known as Project Z)
- What are you watching? TV Megathread (now with added sticky)
- Dev Log #23 – 1.0.1 Patch Notes
I don't study law but that's straight from a special legal advisor to the Attorney General, so I believe it.
The thing about 'it wuz in your bag' plus the testimonies of the security staff at the airport saying that she knew the drugs were in her bag incriminated her. Her lawyers had to prove that she didn't know and that therefore the drugs weren't hers. The only help came from a convict (rapist, is it?) who would not have been allowed to testify in an Australian court anyway because he presented pure heresay.
Nice but your assessment is misplaced.the indonesian justice system used to be modelled off their military "guilty until innocent" system. in 1999 this changed but the same judges are still around. 500/500 guilty verdicts from the last 500 drug hearings over there. you think that happens in australia?
1) They are in Indonesia
2) Indonesia hates drugs more than we do.
3) Their legal system is NOT "guilty until proven innocent". It's the same as ours. Their judgements on providing evidence may be different. This was confirmed by an Indonesian Legal "expert" here in one of the big law firms.
4) And I keep saying this. THE LEGAL SYSTEM AND JUSTICE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER!
Granted, she probably only did it after the judges had already decided, but still.