bittah.com!~ Anyone a bitcoin millionaire ? - Page 5

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Safe House / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Tue May 06, 2014 11:05 pm

Motorsport is so good.
Ragingmoose
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:50 am

So the mining 'boom' has been dead for a while now and I ended up selling 2 of my R9 280x's (bought them for 400 and sold them for 250) but I have since been developing apps and helping out certain community members for payment in BTC. I now have a portfolio of around 10 BTC and another 3BTCish in various altcoins.

Bitcoin currently in another downtrend but I feel strongly that it will pick back up. My next plan is to invest around $1000 AUD into day trading. Assuming I dont make too many bad choices I am aiming to turn that into $5000 by the end of 2014. As I've been running an online business for the past few months I have been afforded the time to do research which I'm hoping will allow me to stay ahead of the curve. Altcoin trading is essentially a free market without any rules or regulations and with regular price swings of thousands of percent I believe now is the perfect time to invest and 'play the market'.

For any freelance C++/Java programmer the Altcoin community would be the perfect place to hone your skills and possibly make some money while your at it.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:22 pm

I just read my post of the first page saying it wasn't going anywhere. After I made that post (in feb) I started buying a lot of litecoins and made around $600, I then got into other alt coins (I bought around 10 different kinds) and built my radeon mining rig which was making around $15 a day (i didn't leave it on too much) I was buying and selling like crazy and the market for altcoins was just going up and up and no matter how bad I invested I made money. After all that I made another $600 roughly so nothing too crazy.

I was predicting a bubble burst and it happened slowly and clearly, all altcoins dived in price as did litecoin, bitcoin and more. With every new altcoin added the price of the other coins decreased slightly. It's currently at a point where you've got a 1 in 10 chance of quadrupling your money, so it's not really worth it.

As for mining, that has died monumentally, dedicated mining rigs (which I don't own) mean using a normal computer to mine will only net you about a dollar a day (well that's how it's been for me). So I pulled apart my rig and use it as a netflix streamer now, which is the best website ever.

I rode the bubble and had so much fun playing the market but I really think it's over now unless you have 5-6 hours per day to inform yourself then buy and sell altcoins, but the market is dissolving.
KraKen
bittah

Yahoo Messenger: friend
AOL: suck
[ignore]

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:54 pm

I just read my post of the first page saying it wasn't going anywhere. After I made that post (in feb) I started buying a lot of litecoins and made around $600, I then got into other alt coins (I bought around 10 different kinds) and built my radeon mining rig which was making around $15 a day (i didn't leave it on too much) I was buying and selling like crazy and the market for altcoins was just going up and up and no matter how bad I invested I made money. After all that I made another $600 roughly so nothing too crazy.

I was predicting a bubble burst and it happened slowly and clearly, all altcoins dived in price as did litecoin, bitcoin and more. With every new altcoin added the price of the other coins decreased slightly. It's currently at a point where you've got a 1 in 10 chance of quadrupling your money, so it's not really worth it.

As for mining, that has died monumentally, dedicated mining rigs (which I don't own) mean using a normal computer to mine will only net you about a dollar a day (well that's how it's been for me). So I pulled apart my rig and use it as a netflix streamer now, which is the best website ever.

I rode the bubble and had so much fun playing the market but I really think it's over now unless you have 5-6 hours per day to inform yourself then buy and sell altcoins, but the market is dissolving.
I agree with the majority of your post. The only thing I would add is that you NEVER EVER HOLD THE BAG. Which means you sell your coins rather than holding on to them because apart from Bitcoin nothing has been able to survive with a high market cap.

At the height of the mining boom (which for me was maxcoin) I was making about $500 a day using 4 280x's. So despite having spent around $2000 on components I more than made that back and thats not even factoring in resale of parts.

The problem with altcoins I feel is that there are far too many of them to support a large market cap as the money is constantly flowing from one coin to the next. I really don't think it would 5-6 hours a day research. You just need to look at the newly launched coins (especially those with IPO's/ICO's) and 'ride the wave'. Move your money back into BTC when everyone is pumping the coin as it can and will crash overnight.

Its the same principal as the stock market. Be fearful while others are greedy and greedy while others are fearful. With the right buys and sells you could easily double your money overnight but you could just as easily go bust. Never invest what you can't afford to loose.

P.S Glad you got out of litecoin because I assume you bought in around $20? It is now just above $4.

I've also 'cashed out' a fair amount of BTC since Janurary which isn't including what I currently hold. I must say that coinjar make it extremely easy to turn BTC into AUD and I would recommend them for anyone who has an intrest in either accepting BTC as a digital currency for their products or for anyone looking to buy BTC.

PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:09 pm

http://www.brw.com.au/p/tech-gadgets/co ... LWud1UGpCM
One of the founders of Coinjar used to organise local music gigs up here in Townsville.
Ragingmoose
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:09 am

Are Hardware Wallets worth the money?
ImPaLoR
PLEASE EXPLAIN!
PLEASE EXPLAIN!

[ignore]

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:21 pm

trezor is

https://www.bitcointrezor.com/

Wouldn't store them long term on any sort of phone.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:16 pm

Worth anything why? You can always print your wallet out on a piece of paper and hide it in a tin box. Won't be any different if you lose that to some encrypted USB stick style key ?
ikonz0r
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:45 am

Worth anything why? You can always print your wallet out on a piece of paper and hide it in a tin box. Won't be any different if you lose that to some encrypted USB stick style key ?

Paper wallet is pretty legit for a backup solution but with something like trezor you are given a list of random words called a seed. As long as you remember that seed you can always get back your btc and you dont need to buy another device as trezor has support for lots of 3rd party wallets.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:30 am

Re: Anyone a bitcoin millionaire ?

Bump

So how many of u fuckers are driving Lambos?
Plazbot
bittah, jaded, anti social freak
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:15 pm

Slightly annoyed i never put some $$ in years ago when i talked about doing it.

Having said that, at least we bought a house back then. In the last year it is gone up in value around $400-$500 a day.
Duff5000
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:45 am

I'm still heavily involved in this space.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:53 pm

I'm still heavily involved in this space.
Rich kent
XU1
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]